QIoT Suite Lite HTTPS Connection

QIoT technology to allow you to explore potential IoT business opportunities.
Smart home/Smart building/Smart City/
Horadin
New here

Post by Horadin »

Hello! I'm trying to integrate Alexa with my IoT applications within my home and I've run into (many) stumbling blocks. I think I've found the easiest solution, but it involves me connecting Amazon AWS to my QIoT Suite Node Red setup via HTTPS. I pulled the JSON for the HTTPS connection and tried sticking it into Postman to just try the connection before I figured out how to make Amazon to it. Unfortunately, I just can't get Postman to connect. I did get to a point where I receive a 401 Not Authorized error.

Can someone tell me what I need in terms of authentication? I thought that all I would need is the accesstoken that is provided by my "thing". Is there something more that is needed? Also, if anyone can help provide more details on what exactly is needed for the HTTPS connection, I'll take all the help I can get! As of right now, I have 3 things in my header: accesstoken, contentType, and RequesterId. I also have POWER:ON in my body. I'm also trying to connect via port 23443. Is that the right port?

I appreciate any insights anyone can provide!

Thanks!
Horadin
New here

Post by Horadin »

I finally figured out the issue. You have to be very specific with formatting of your request. There are 3 values that need to be in the header. I was very close with what I posted above. The values should be access-token, contentType, and RequesterId. The body can simply contain json being “message”:”value”, such as “power”:”on”. The topic is encoded in your url. This would be something similar to https://<server>:<port>/resources/<topic>/<resourceId>. The resource ID is very likely going to match your “message” in your body.

That’s a lot of information and it took me a fair amount of trial and error to figure out. Hopefully this will help others on their path to greatness.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andersoncheng
Getting the hang of things

Re: QIoT Suite Lite HTTPS Connection

Post by andersoncheng »

Nice !!

QNAP also integrate AWS Greengrass, you can try to install AWS Greengeass qpkg now
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... n-qnap-nas

Return to “QIoT”