Hassio / Home Assistant installation problem on x53D

QIoT technology to allow you to explore potential IoT business opportunities.
Smart home/Smart building/Smart City/
bullgod
New here

Hassio / Home Assistant installation problem on x53D

Post by bullgod »

I would be grateful for your advices.
This is my first NAS and I bought it quite recently (so i'm a nub).
I want to use it as a smart home server running Home Assistant.
In order of priority, I would like to use the HASSIO (not Home Assistant) installed in docker which includes all the addons and the supervisor.
There are no standard installation methods. But I found a script that could potentially help. It's on the forum: URL to https://community.home-assistant.io/
If you use the script specified on the forum, then I have only one container and nothing works.
By slightly changing the syntax (remember, I don’t understand anything about this), I achieved that I have 7 containers installed

Code: Select all

docker run -d --name "hassio-supervisor" --restart always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /var/run/hassio-hc.sock:/var/run/hassio-hc.sock -v /container/ha/homeassistant/hass/data:/data -v /container/ha/homeassistant/hass/log:/var/log -e SUPERVISOR_SHARE=/container/ha/homeassistant/hass -e SUPERVISOR_NAME="hassio-supervisor" -e HOMEASSISTANT_REPOSITORY=homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor
But one container is constantly reloading (hassio-dns) and the "main" container with the Home Assistant is loaded and works for only 2-3 minutes. After that, the container stops loading with an error:

Desperate to run Hassio in Docker, I decided to use Virtualization Station 3.0.
Downloaded and imported the official OVA image from https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio/installation/
Whatever settings of the virtual machine I would install (change the type of the operating system, the type of network connection, the type of hard disk used ...), my virtual machine always stops at the same stage:
udevd: starting udev-3.2.9

Maybe someone has experience or can suggest what I can change to install Hassio?
Ideally in Docker

Thank you in advance.
bullgod
New here

Re: Hassio / Home Assistant installation problem on x53D

Post by bullgod »

bullgod wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:35 am
Downloaded and imported the official OVA image from https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio/installation/
Whatever settings of the virtual machine I would install (change the type of the operating system, the type of network connection, the type of hard disk used ...), my virtual machine always stops at the same stage:
udevd: starting udev-3.2.9

second issue was resolved. i should enable virtio-serial in VM configuration

question with docker script still opened
PedroKTFC
First post

Post by PedroKTFC »

Hi, did you get it going? I installed containerstation and then from there used the Create option on the left to create a home assistant instance. This seems to start fine but I can't think how to open home assistant. I've tried the qnap ip address port 8123 but doesn't work. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Update
I followed the instructions here which worked first time. :D
Last edited by PedroKTFC on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
bullgod
New here

Post by bullgod »

PedroKTFC wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:23 am Hi, did you get it going? I installed containerstation and then from there used the Create option on the left to create a home assistant instance. This seems to start fine but I can't think how to open home assistant. I've tried the qnap ip address port 8123 but doesn't work. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Still using hassio in virtualization station. Works fine.
Can't get hassio in docker running

Return to “QIoT”