Updating QSirch fails with QNAP AI error message

QNAP now provides a groundbreaking AI computing platform based on QNAP NAS called QuAI (pronounced "Q A I" ) - QNAP's AI Developer Package.
Data Mining/Machine Learning/Deep Learning
oyvindo
Experience counts

Updating QSirch fails with QNAP AI error message

Post by oyvindo »

Logging on today and was told that an update to QSirch was available in the App Center.
A message box informed me that QNAP AI Core was about to be installed first, as a dependancy.
Then it first says:

Code: Select all

Information	2021-09-09	21:01:28	admin	127.0.0.1	App Center	App Installation	[App Center] Installed QNAP AI Core 3.1.2 in "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QuMagieCore".
Then it apparently tries to update Qsirch, but the update failed with the following error message:

Error	2021-09-09	21:01:29	admin	127.0.0.1	QuMagie Core	Status	[QuMagieCore] Failed to perform action. MultimediaConsole is not enabled.
.... which to me is quite strange, because there is no way to stop or disable MultimediaConsole!
Then, a second error message appears:

Error	2021-09-09	21:01:43	admin	192.168.0.9	App Center	App Installation	[App Center] Failed to install Qsirch. You must first start QNAP AI Core.
Why do QNAP issue an update which is impossible to install??

I tried on two different NAS running two different versions of QTS, with exactly the same erroneous result.
ImageImageImage
Cocoproxy
New here

Re: Updating QSirch fails with QNAP AI error message

Post by Cocoproxy »

Consider yourself lucky. This Qsirch update requires QNAP AI Core (which is 1.98 GB) to be installed and the features it provides won't be available unless you subscribe to $30/month Premium. Don't be fooled by their free Premium key; it's only good through the end of the year.

Also, I'm not sure you're right about not being able to disable MultimediaConsole. There's an enable/disable toggle at the top of my MC configuration page. If you had set it to Disabled (as I do because it's another resource hog that I don't need) this QSirch update process may have flipped that toggle to Enabled.

Return to “QuAI”