Coral TPU USB

Intelligent Facial Recognition Solution
rolldog
Getting the hang of things

Coral TPU USB

Post by rolldog »

So, I wanted to try out this facial recognition, plus speed up the facial recognition, so I bought a Coral TPU USB. It's setup in control panel/hardware/hardware resources, and it shows the Coral TPU in idle status. It's setup to use Multimedia Console 1 TPU Low Priority and QVR Face Insight 3 TPU High Priority. When I open Face Insight it shows "Error (TPU resource is unavailable or permission is denied), but I can't find any information about how to fix this or how the TPU actually works. I'm not sure if I can set the TPU priority to low, medium, high and allocated a total of 4 TPUs to whatever application it's setup to work with or if I can set each application to use 4 TPUs and all 4 are used based on the priority schedule. My immediate need to why it doesn't work with Face Insight since I thought this is what it was designed to do. If permissions need to be set to use the TPU, where would this be done or why is it showing an error that it's unavailable when it's currently sitting in idle mode. I wish more information were available to figure out how it works in conjunction with QTS because right now I feel like I bought a useless piece of junk.

Based on how many posts are in this thread, I'm really hoping someone can answer my questions before next year.
Juju_Nantes
First post

Re: Coral TPU USB

Post by Juju_Nantes »

I have around 40K photos and a TS-431K NAS running QTS 5.0.1.2145. I plugged in my USB Coral, which was recognized nearly instantly, and managed to get it to scan about 6.000 pictures in a few minutes before it got stuck in "idle" mode. And I have no idea how to get it back to work.

Have some of you experienced the same problems ? :?

ADDENDUM :
Ok, the TPU is used from time to time. It starts, works, and goes back to idle state for a while. Oh well, it's still much fatser than with the internal CPU. :)

Return to “QVR Face”