QVR Face Tiger (Beta) Released!

Intelligent Facial Recognition Solution
QNAP_JT
Starting out

QVR Face Tiger (Beta) Released!

Post by QNAP_JT »

Dear all,

QVR Face Tiger is about to be launched. QVR Face is a smart facial recognition solution featuring real-time video analytics of live streaming from connected cameras. You can use video analytics to set profiles, groups, and event notifications for instant facial recognition. Third-party partners can use the QNAP API to leverage data from QVR Face to build intelligent door access systems, member identification systems, or smart digital signage for applications including automatic door access management, attendance management, and smart retail services.

Now, We provide the beta version for you to experience intuitive, real-time and automatic facial recognition.

QVR Face Tiger (Beta) >>> Already launch. Please go to QTS APP Center for download.

Minimum Environment Requirement:
Container Station: 4.3.0.20160808 or later
CPU: Intel Core series
Available Memory Size: 4GB

*QVR Face supports both USB camera and IP camera as a streaming source for analysis. You need only one USB camera to start your experience more easily. Please see the tutorial which guides you to use USBCam2 with USB cameras.
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... b-cameras/

After initialization, you can refer to the tutorial below to set up your first analytics task and event notification. Also, the QVR Face DM shows what's the difference between QVR Face Lite and Tiger, and QVR Face's license SKUs. If you need further information, please leave your comment below. Enjoy your trial!

Tutorial - How to start my first facial recognition task?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/105V ... sp=sharing

Tutorial - How to set up the event notification?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12-i ... sp=sharing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by QNAP_JT on Fri May 29, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vtphilk
New here

Re: QVR Face Tiger (Beta) Released!

Post by vtphilk »

Bummer....just installed and it needs Intel Core like you said not just x86. I have AMD CPU. Please someone post a review of this because this might make me upgrade my home NAS to a intel CPU :)
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Agreed... I have a Ryzen CPU & Nvidia GPU... should be supported for this config as well
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

sounds good but surprised if it doesn't work on ryzen :'

also i checked social, the qnap site, newsletter, youtube etc but i did not see any mention of face tiger than this thread. so i guess that is coming later? would be good if more people knew about this new thing :)

*update

found this
https://www.qnap.com/solution/qvr-face/en/
QVR Face: Choosing the Right Version
There are two available versions of QVR Face: QVR Face Lite and QVR Face Tiger. You can choose the most suitable QNAP NAS and QNAP Face version based on your application scenarios, required functions, and available budgets.

* The maximum number of facial recognition entries, including registered profiles and unknown faces, is based on the purchased license plan.

Test environment:
Based on the following settings with NAS CPU usage less than 85%:
One photo per profile.
Analytics task settings: H.264, 720p, 5fps, maximum one face per second

the only videos i found so far were these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oEaLNzmTj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqvuNVSLgMg
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
QNAP_JT
Starting out

Post by QNAP_JT »

QVR Face Lite/Tiger support Intel CPU at first and continue to test the compatibility with AMD platform.
The official version of QVR Face Tiger is expected to be released in the middle of January. Relative Marketing information will be published later.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

would be nice if in future there is av1 encoding support
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pox1jrcUF0

:D
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
sunny1283
New here

Post by sunny1283 »

QNAP_JT wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:53 pm QVR Face Lite/Tiger support Intel CPU at first and continue to test the compatibility with AMD platform.
The official version of QVR Face Tiger is expected to be released in the middle of January. Relative Marketing information will be published later.
Any update on release? Will there be GPU support or only intel iGPU.
Hotte512
First post

Post by Hotte512 »

WHY NO AMD / GPU SUPPORT :-(
qINTEL.png
Is my 877 already out of date? EOL? to week?

I already went for Tiger to make my door open like magic :)
qLIC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martijnoosterhof
First post

Post by martijnoosterhof »

Yes, please share if AMD Ryzen support will be added in the future.
alphacode
New here

Post by alphacode »

Has anyone seen the "Lite" version to download or can anyone who has the "Lite" version share ?
iamklaus
New here

Post by iamklaus »

I am also looking for the lite version. I have a TS-251+ .... will it work on that? It's a little bit hard to figure out where it works and where not.
QNAP_JT
Starting out

Post by QNAP_JT »

Hi all,

I'm glad to tell you that QVR Face expands to support more models including AMD series. If you have models listed below, you can download the QVR Face Tiger from App Center on your NAS.

・TVS-672N/TVS-872N
・TVS-672XT/TVS-872XT
・TVS-682/TVS-882/TVS-882BR
・TS-677/TS-877

For those using TS-253B/TS-253Be/TVS-472XT, QNAP'll publish QVR Face Insight probably next week. Stay tuned.
QNAP_JT
Starting out

Post by QNAP_JT »

iamklaus wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:44 pm I am also looking for the lite version. I have a TS-251+ .... will it work on that? It's a little bit hard to figure out where it works and where not.
Once QVR Face Insight releases, you can download it from APP Center on QNAP website by selecting "TS-253Be" model for a trial.
We'll keep testing and verifying to ensure the APP is stable enough to run on various models.
QNAP_JT
Starting out

Post by QNAP_JT »

alphacode wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:45 pm Has anyone seen the "Lite" version to download or can anyone who has the "Lite" version share ?
QNAP'll publish "Insight" instead of "Lite". The version will be released probably next week.

Return to “QVR Face”