Why is QutsHERO logging to root partition?

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
117docb
New here

Why is QutsHERO logging to root partition?

Post by 117docb »

I'm running the latest QutsHERO version and I've had my root partition (/mnt/HDA_ROOT) fill up twice now. It looks like files in the /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.logs get too big and well kill the configs. If HDA_ROOT is full, I've found that my config can be wiped out. So don't reboot if HDA_ROOT is full!

Anyways, my question is:

Why are logs being written to the root partition? On most normal (linux based) systems this isn't a problem as the root is usually a few GB or more. On my device it's only 500MB, with 350MB being used by just one file (/mnt/HDA_ROOT/.logs/conn.log) .

Even if it's on the same hardware, the logs should at least be on their own partition for safety.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Why is QutsHERO logging to root partition?

Post by dolbyman »

best to open a ticket .. this is a user forum qnap does not come here
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

117docb wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:29 am On my device it's only 500MB, with 350MB being used by just one file (/mnt/HDA_ROOT/.logs/conn.log) .
That's your system connection log. 350MB is quite large. You should probably delete it and change your connection logging parameters to log less info. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
117docb
New here

Post by 117docb »

OneCD wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:35 am You should probably delete it and change your connection logging parameters to log less info. ;)
I would if I could, there is no documentation on where to change for QuTS HERO and there is no "connection logging" or even system logging options in QuLog Center (the only log app I can find)
ve7tcc
Starting out

Post by ve7tcc »

117docb wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:13 am
OneCD wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:35 am You should probably delete it and change your connection logging parameters to log less info. ;)
I would if I could, there is no documentation on where to change for QuTS HERO and there is no "connection logging" or even system logging options in QuLog Center (the only log app I can find)
Take a look at this screen capture, I think this is the answer you seek
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 8.45.49 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Model: TS-h973AX
FW: h4.5.4.1800
117docb
New here

Post by 117docb »

Ok... but where is that destination (appinstalation1) located?

Also, should I use appinstalation1 or appinstalation2 as I have both....

Can't find any documentation on qnap about those directories (or hda_root either).
ve7tcc
Starting out

Post by ve7tcc »

1 is on pool 1
2 is on pool 2, etc.
Model: TS-h973AX
FW: h4.5.4.1800
117docb
New here

Post by 117docb »

ve7tcc wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:45 am 1 is on pool 1
2 is on pool 2, etc.
Are you sure about that? As /mnt/HDA_ROOT is where the log is. I think that the above logging options are not the ones I'm looking for

Return to “Users' Corner”