TS-832X Help Needed

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
newb08
New here

TS-832X Help Needed

Post by newb08 »

Hopefully I am not posting this in the wrong section.

I have a security camera system that we had installed at our business. We recently moved locations and now the system is not working properly. We have a Qnap TS-832X that was set up to have the Adapter 1 ethernet port run to a Realtek pcie gbe controller installed on our Dell Poweredge T30 running Windows 10 pro. Adapter 2 ethernet port was set up to have a BV poe switch connected to it, and all of the cameras running in to the poe switch.

Utilizing ExacqVision on the computer we were linked to the IPs so we could write video files to the Qnap and receive the live video feed. I am new to all of this but it seems like they had set the adapter 2 ethernet port as some kind of passthrough since only adapter 1 was wired to the computer.

I have been able to re-link the Qnap to the computer to where I can view the hard drives but the issue I am having is being able to retrieve the live video feed. The IP that adapter 2 is set to shows up red in Qfinder and displays the message "Cannot connect to device. Please check if the device and your computer are on the same subnet." I have searched for resolve, but to no avail. Being new to this I am sure I am missing something simple.

I appreciate any and all help. Thank you.

Return to “Users' Corner”