bcclient What is it?

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
jwcalvert
Starting out

bcclient What is it?

Post by jwcalvert »

I have a CPU hungry process called bcclient. It is using a huge amount of CPU. What is it doing.
After 30 minutes roughly, it quit.
Should I be concerned?

I am using a TS-459 Pro+ with Version 4.2.6 Build 20210327
OneCD
Guru

Re: bcclient What is it?

Post by OneCD »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dirkey
New here

Post by dirkey »

The linked thread only explains how to stop the bcclient and it has something to do with qfinder.
The question "What is it?" is not answered. I want to know: Why this process needs so much memory and cpu power?
It seems, the nas is still working correctly, if the process is killed. Why is this process running?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

The qfinder integration is not needed for normal operation .. so the NAS will obviously still 'work' without it

If you want to know more or complain, open a ticket with QNAP (they do not come here)
dirkey
New here

Post by dirkey »

Yes, this is why I am asking. If you looking for this process, you only find complains about it. I think a "official" qnap forum is the way to ask for such information.
If this process is only used for qfinder (basically network discovery), the memory and cpu consumption won't make any sense (2.4 GB and any 5 seconds 30% cpu). Such services are normally passive and using only kb of memory (i.e. SNMP discovery). The memory consumption and cpu power suggest, it is still doing something more.
I don't know, if a ticket is the correct way to ask such questions.Tickets are only used for issues and forums are for general questions (like this one).
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

But as I said, QNAP doesn't come here (no matter if official or not) .. so what makes you think you can get and explanation about why this exists ? All just users here....
dirkey
New here

Post by dirkey »

Thanks for this info. Ok, I will raise a ticket. If I got an answer, I will post it here ;-)

Return to “Users' Corner”