Desperate Help needed: "Checking Memory" message forever when powering on my QNAP

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
rossininew
New here

Desperate Help needed: "Checking Memory" message forever when powering on my QNAP

Post by rossininew »

Dear wizards,

I have a QNAP TVS-672XT that does not boot up any longer.

I updated a few apps and restarted the QNAP, but it does not come up any longer.

Here're the symptoms:

The QNAP NAS disk LEDs are blinking one time in green, then I get the following message in my display:

"BIOS: Q012AT12
Checking Memory"

- No short beep can be heard
- This message is displayed forever
- No longer beed after a couple of minutes can be heard
- When attaching an HDMI display, it stays black
- The symptoms are the same whether I have disks within my QNAP NAS or not.

Please help. I am desperate.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: Desperate Help needed: "Checking Memory" message forever when powering on my QNAP

Post by Toxic17 »

is this NAS running the original RAM/CPU? if so contact QNAP Support.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Desperate Help needed: "Checking Memory" message forever when powering on my QNAP

Post by dolbyman »

if you are unlucky it could be this

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=153097
rossininew
New here

Post by rossininew »

Thank you Simon. I just opened a ticket with support... let's see.
rossininew
New here

Post by rossininew »

After a night without power supply, things have changed (and not to the better). Nothing works any longer... there is the typical "electrical noise" when plugging in power cord into the PSU, but apart from that: no LED, no function, no display, nothing...
I ordered a new PSU which should arrive tomorrow. I will keep you updated.
Last edited by rossininew on Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

You swapped your langaue for some reason...reset it from German to English please (English only forum!)

see my link..power supply won't do a thing
rossininew
New here

Post by rossininew »

Thank you for pointing out language swap. Changed my latest reply to English.

>> see my link..power supply won't do a thing

I fear that you are right, but years ago, I had a problem with the PSU "loosing power" (dying slowly) with another QNAP NAS. I just try my luck.
Support answered, asking for ejecting and re-applying memory - but nothing changed... NAS unit has no power at all.

Cheers
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

If you read the thread QNAP seems to be very forthcoming with warranty extensions right now (stemming from the German QNAP forum), so open a ticket with them to get your options sorted out.
rossininew
New here

Post by rossininew »

dolbyman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:53 am If you read the thread QNAP seems to be very forthcoming with warranty extensions right now (stemming from the German QNAP forum), so open a ticket with them to get your options sorted out.
Thank you. Did so... awaiting a reply.
rossininew
New here

Post by rossininew »

Update: new PSU did not help either.
Support does not get back to me yet after a single initiate answer to my original request.
I need desperate help... can somebody get me into contact with German QNAP support escalating their normal support via ticket?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Nobody here has any QNAP connections ..sorry (and QNAP doesn't come here..or to the German forum)
Iwanttoconnect
Starting out

Post by Iwanttoconnect »

how did this end? Getting the same message.

Return to “Users' Corner”