TS-1685 PSU replacement

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
monguire
New here

TS-1685 PSU replacement

Post by monguire »

Hi all, I'm hoping I'm not the only poor schmuck who invested in one of these units. I see almost no chatter on them...I'd hoped it was because they were super-reliable but now that I see they are EOL already, I wonder if I got snookered.

At any rate, the nas stopped working and is unresponsive. I'm hoping it is just a PSU and as the nas is out of warranty, i'm troubleshooting on my own. The part number for the oem PSU is PWR-PSU-550W-FS01 which QNAP shop shows as no longer in stock/available. I reached out to QNAP Support about PSU replacement for the ts-1685 and was essentially told "that stinks, good luck".

1)Does anyone know if PSU part number PWR-PSU-550W-FS02 is a direct-fit replacement for the oem FS01? I haven't gotten a yes or no from Support on that yet.

2)Does anyone know of a PSU that can be made to work with the ts-1685? The nas has the standard 24-pin connector and a gfx connector and then some weird (proprietary?) 20-pin connector. The modular corsair PSU i had sitting around didn't have any option for a 20-pin plug.

I'd appreciate any insights on how to get this unit back up and running.
Last edited by monguire on Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-1685 PSU replacement

Post by dolbyman »

Only common issue of these units that I have heard of is the dual LAN adapter crapping out.

I'd take the PSU to the next computer shop and just check if they have fitting replacement (size and connection wise, no idea about that 10 pin connector)
monguire
New here

Re: TS-1685 PSU replacement

Post by monguire »

Thanks for the suggestion, dolbyman...I realized as I read your reply that I oopsied in my original post...it's a 20-pin plug not a 10-pin. I've corrected the post

Return to “Users' Corner”