Why was my topic locked? (and other questions)

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
ChrisJ7903
Starting out

Why was my topic locked? (and other questions)

Post by ChrisJ7903 »

Hello, I'm relatively new to this forum but I was surprised when this post was suddenly locked after I posted to it:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=137460&view=unread ... 263#unread

Sure it's 5 years since last person posted, but this is an active issue for me with not much public information available. I had hoped to find others with experience on this issue, and to share what I have found out with them. I tried to message @OneCD directly, but I could not find a messaging system. Is there a way to request it be re-opend?

And lastly, it this the right board index for questions such as these?

Thanks in advance ...
OneCD
Guru

Re: Why was my topic locked? (and other questions)

Post by OneCD »

Hi Chris. :)

The other topic was locked as we don't permit necroposting here, as per the forum rules: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=60

So, if a topic has been dead (inactive) for 12 months or-more, and you've something you'd like to add, please start a new topic and provide your NAS model & the firmware version installed, and a link back to the original topic for reference.

The personal messaging system on this board was disabled long ago. If you need to reach me, send me an email: Image

Yes, this is the right sub-forum.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ChrisJ7903
Starting out

Re: Why was my topic locked? (and other questions)

Post by ChrisJ7903 »

Hi OneCd, 8),

On reflection posts simply can't last forever, so "shelf-life" makes sense.
thanks for clarifying ... all good.

Return to “Users' Corner”