DNS issues after a QTS 5 upgrade

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
guusi
Starting out

DNS issues after a QTS 5 upgrade

Post by guusi »

I have a TS-453A. I used as a SMB network drive. It generally is off the internet except for the occasional software upgrade.

I upgraded it in Jan to qts 5.0.0.1932.

It worked fine until a few days ago when I could not connect to the shared drives anymore.

Logging in to the qnap I get a DNS error message (DNS server cannot resolve hosts). When looking on line it suggests that I disable the IPv6 option in the the network settings.
To change the network settings I need to go into the network and virtual switch app. ( I am sure that was in the control panel before)
However the app won't start because of the DNS error.

I can see all my files in the file station.

Any advise appreciated.
guusi
Starting out

Re: DNS issues after a QTS 5 upgrade

Post by guusi »

Is this the right forum for this question?

I see that there are also all these ransomware attacks. Would this be a symptom of that? I thought that would just encrypt your files.

I can rebuild from backups but if I did that I would have to consider my options. If cyber security is so poorly handled it may be time to change to another platform.
That would be a shame. I have had two QNAPs over the last 12 years. I have been happy with them and recommended qnap to many friends.

Return to “Users' Corner”