Qsync in NAS is set to "keep files even clients delete files" but does not work as intended

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
asadulhuq
Starting out

Qsync in NAS is set to "keep files even clients delete files" but does not work as intended

Post by asadulhuq »

I have set "Do not remove any file on the NAS during synchronization" in NAS Qsync Central. But files are actually deleted in the NAS. This happens when I delete a file/folder in Qsync Client (windows 10) folder. I want that I shall sometimes delete some files in the PC qsync folder but NAS will not delete the synced file/folder. My Qsync client (windows 10) pared folder is set to "space saving mode" with syncing files to the device option as "Locally available" (currently). Also I tried "Online-Only" option.
I want that the NAS Sync folder will keep all files there in the NAS, even I delete some or all folders in the windows Sync folder. Also, I am anxious all synced folders and files will be gone from the NAS, incase the Windows sync folder content is deleted somehow. Assistance is appreciated. Thanks.
Qsync Client Windows Version: 5.03.1125
Qsync Central version: 4.4.0.5.
QTS Version: 5.0.0.1932.
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: Qsync in NAS is set to "keep files even clients delete files" but does not work as intended

Post by FSC830 »

I confirm this at my end :S .
I am using exactly the same versions from QTS, QSync central and client.
Best choice is to create a ticket at QNAP support.
Space saving mode was also enabled (I guess this was a default option in a prevoius client version, I did never enable it).

Regards
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: Qsync in NAS is set to "keep files even clients delete files" but does not work as intended

Post by FSC830 »

No, I withdraw! It works! :P

After disabling the space-saving mode I enabled the smart-delete mode (checked "Do not remove any file on the NAS during synchronization" in Qsync client).
Afterwards I did delete a folder and some files. Clearly seen in Sreenshots: the folder and files remain at NAS, but have been deleted at client:
smart_delete.png
smart_delete_02.png
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

Smart delete does not work with space-saving mode.
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

Oops, yes for sure. I did not realize that OP still uses the space-saving mode :oops: .
@asadulhuq : disable space-saving mode and you should be done.

Regards
asadulhuq
Starting out

Post by asadulhuq »

FSC830, Thanks.

Return to “Users' Corner”