QNA-T310G1S Not Installing Driver, Billboard Device? :S

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
riboild
First post

QNA-T310G1S Not Installing Driver, Billboard Device? :S

Post by riboild »

I purchased from Amazon, a QNA-T310G1S 10Gb SFP+ adapter so that I could connect 3 computers together and be able to transfer files over 1GB amongst them quickly,

I have pcie adapters in the other two computers and this one did not have a free slot for a pcie card so I went the thunderbolt path.

When plugged in it show the device in windows device manager, but only under universal serial bus devices. and even then the driver is strictly the standard usb driver from ms. Under device properties and device tab, it shows billboard device. I have attempted every driver I could find online but none install as it does not find information about the QNA-T310G1S in the driver matching the device id. Upon looking at the device tab and hardware ids it shows "USB\VID_1C04&PID_034C&REV_0455". I have done a search for this id and it shows absolutely nothing. I am pretty fed up right now, since I purchased this and i swear it almost seems like I got sent a counterfeit item. Should I be contacting amazon???

If there is another driver out there that would work, Please let me know!!!

Also I have tried the adapter plugged into a laptop with thunderbolt3 and it still did the same thing showing the same hardware id and not fully installing, or allowing the driver to be used for it.
P3R
Guru

Re: QNA-T310G1S Not Installing Driver, Billboard Device? :S

Post by P3R »

From the Qnap product page:

System Requirements (Windows)
Windows 7 (64-bit) / Windows 10 (64-bit)
* Required download Aquantia AQC100S driver
* Required a Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
Bob Zelin
Experience counts

Post by Bob Zelin »

The QNA-T310G uses the Aquantia AQC-107 chip. The driver for this is build into macOS 10.13.3 and later. It is NOT built into any Windows 10 build. You must go to the Aquantia website, and download
the driver for it, and run the installer.

To be clear - on a PC, it's not plug and play. Same applies on a PC to the QNAP QXG-10G1T card.

Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin / Rescue 1, Inc.
http://www.bobzelin.com
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

Bob Zelin wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:27 am The QNA-T310G uses the Aquantia AQC-107 chip.
According to the Qnap website the QNA-T310G1S (that is the model OP have) need the AQC100S driver.

The QNA-T310G1T use the AQC107S.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
Bob Zelin
Experience counts

Post by Bob Zelin »

here we go P3R -
https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/nic-aquantia

the QXG-10G2T-107 (I did not know they actually released that yet) uses the AQC107S driver
the QXG-10G1T uses the AQC107
AND you are correct ! -
from this page -
https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/qna-tb-10gbe
for Win 10, the QNA-T310G1T uses the AQC107S
and the QNA-T310G1S uses the AQC100S driver
you were correct, and I was wrong.
Bob Zelin
botekp
First post

Post by botekp »

Hello,

Same problem here:

1)The installation guide provided in the box is incomplete:
2) Aquantia website does not work so I can not download suggested driver
3) Windows 10 discovers it as a "billboard device"
4) No "QNA Thunderbold Ethernet" device is found in Network Adapters
5) AQC100 Driver on https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads.html does not work either

Could you please provide a step by step installation guide for Windows 10 x64?

Also, could you raise with your product managers why there is no proper step-by step Instalation Guide and a Driver Installation CD attached with this $USD 170 product?

Thank you
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

no product managers here..if you want to talk to QNAP ..open a ticket ..this is a user forum
Bob Zelin
Experience counts

Post by Bob Zelin »

Marvell AQtion USB 3.1 Windows 64-bit Driver

https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/qna-tb-10gbe

https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads.html#

05/13/19

Bob Zelin
Desmack
New here

Post by Desmack »

riboild wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:31 pm I purchased from Amazon, a QNA-T310G1S 10Gb SFP+ adapter so that I could connect 3 computers together and be able to transfer files over 1GB amongst them quickly,

I have pcie adapters in the other two computers and this one did not have a free slot for a pcie card so I went the thunderbolt path.

When plugged in it show the device in windows device manager, but only under universal serial bus devices. and even then the driver is strictly the standard usb driver from ms. Under device properties and device tab, it shows billboard device. I have attempted every driver I could find online but none install as it does not find information about the QNA-T310G1S in the driver matching the device id. Upon looking at the device tab and hardware ids it shows "USB\VID_1C04&PID_034C&REV_0455". I have done a search for this id and it shows absolutely nothing. I am pretty fed up right now, since I purchased this and i swear it almost seems like I got sent a counterfeit item. Should I be contacting amazon???

If there is another driver out there that would work, Please let me know!!!

Also I have tried the adapter plugged into a laptop with thunderbolt3 and it still did the same thing showing the same hardware id and not fully installing, or allowing the driver to be used for it.
Hi did you get a resolution to this problem? I have the same problem, I have tried a new os install with windows 10 and now windows 11 both see the divide as a Billboard.. :(
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Please do not necropost, the posts after the thread starter have plenty of links for the necessary drivers, unclear how that did not help you

If you still require help, please open a new thread explaining the exact issue and hardware involved

Return to “Users' Corner”