Warning! Do not use QNAP-(Q)Sync in Mac-Windows-mixed environments

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
dis-app-ointed
New here

Warning! Do not use QNAP-(Q)Sync in Mac-Windows-mixed environments

Post by dis-app-ointed »

I use QNAPs QSync since three years now. I have a setup with Sync-folders on Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 and macOS Monterey 10.4 with the latest updates each. Ever since there was no way to resolve a problem with syncing. QNAP NAS works with the latest QTS stable version.

I started five support-sessions, one with more than three hours remote support, to solve this kind of problem. No success!

This is a serious issue as there are two different ways the problem reveals:
Mac QSync-Client does not stop syncing ever. Mac QSync-Client finishes Syncing showing a green "finished"-arrow but files cannot be opened locally while accessible on the NAS.

I assure that I followed every guide, support proposal, hint on the internet to solve the issue. But QSync-Client for Mac seems to be kind of a public beta-version.

So please do NOT choose QNAP-NAS in mixed environments with macOS and Windows. Maybe competitors (Synology, Buffalo, WD ...) have working Windows-Mac-Solutions.

Obviously QNAP doens't care about this issue. Do not rely on QNAP-support in solving this issue. Choose a different NAS-provider!
spile
Been there, done that

Re: Warning! Do not use QNAP-(Q)Sync in Mac-Windows-mixed environments

Post by spile »

What was the response from Qnap when you opened a call to report the issue?
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Re: Warning! Do not use QNAP-(Q)Sync in Mac-Windows-mixed environments

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

dis-app-ointed wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:04 pm
Obviously QNAP doens't care about this issue. Do not rely on QNAP-support in solving this issue. Choose a different NAS-provider!
Can you tell me the ticket number so I can ask about this case?

We should fix this.
But I would like to mention that resilio sync can also be used and it even works remotely without port forwarding.

But I expect we can likely get this issue fixed Qsync fixed.

Return to “Users' Corner”