TVS-h1688x nvme m.2 gen 4 support???

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Fraternity
New here

TVS-h1688x nvme m.2 gen 4 support???

Post by Fraternity »

I have ordered myself a TVS-h1688x, and it should arrive today. I'm new to NAS's and as mostly use servers however though I see what all the hype is about as NAS servers are getting closer to servers in both price and performance, so good ROI from a home\SMB aspect. I'm looking forward to experimenting however, in my haste of excitement, I ordered IronWolf 525 2TB SSD Gen4 and NOT Gen 3 as the denoted, but the question is has anyone tested Gen4's in their 12/1688x? I thought a firmware update, etc may allow for these new nvme's if I'm wrong happy to learn something new.

Solutions: I can order Gen3's from amazon and have them here tomorrow and send back the Gen4's. obviously

Potential Solution: could I buy an expansion card and use these Gen 4's?

endeavour: that's what I plan to do however thought I'd post the question as I don't have the device yet to test for myself and thought some might have tested this.

PS: I do plan to get the TS-h1290FX which does support Gen 4 and uses AMD Eypc CPU (a true beast) which was my original plan to buy a multi-node\2 CPU server however, I cannot find one in the UK and you know a supplier, then please send me the details

Many thanks in advance; enjoy your day

Update: checked the compatibility website (which I should have done in the first place however, Gen4's appear but not the one I have. I'll keep them and test then get and expansion card and use them in that and get the Gen4 which are on the list.
https://www.qnap.com/en/compatibility/? ... tegory=ssd
nibbles
Getting the hang of things

Re: TVS-h1688x nvme m.2 gen 4 support???

Post by nibbles »

I believe most hardware out there even with a gen3 setup will still reckognize the gen4 models but will only go based on gen3 specs/speeds..

Nibbles.

Return to “Users' Corner”