Qoolbox, help with PseudoTV

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
ImC0ld
New here

Qoolbox, help with PseudoTV

Post by ImC0ld »

Hi Qoolbox,
I'm trying to get an update to PseudoTV.
Works awesome but lots of bugs and FINALLY hopefully found a way to contact you.

1st, it crashes a lot. changing shows in the same tv channel (When one ends, the next will lock up and break the unit. Have to reset PseudoTV to get it working again)
Changing channels before the last channel loads up crashes. Starting the channel and stopping it before its loaded crashes. During a show it will lockup for anywhere from 5 seconds to 1 min. If you dont stop it straight away and let it go it will lock up. Sometimes Plex will start again but that usually takes about 2 to 5 mins.

2nd, cant change channel order. I'm wanting to change channel 2 and 31 but when I did it stays in that original order. channel 2 is still at channel 2s position but its now called channel 31.
I deleted channel 2 and 31 and made new channels and now they are listed as channel 41 and 42 (I have 40 channels)
This is related to the channel.xml file. I cant find a way on the NAS directly to edit it but if I download the file I can put the channels in the correct order but next time I add a new channel or whatever I have to do it all over again manually. Would like it fixed so its all done on the server itself automatically.

3rd, random. What is the random button for? I have it ticked but the channel is never random. I have to manually set up the shows in a random order buy the other random button. Would be great if the random button would actually work and order the shows randomly. As it crashes so often I have to keep stopping and starting the service over and over, the channels usually reset back to the start so I'm not getting a random feeling, its the same shows in the same order. I have to go manually in to each channel and randomize them weekly to keep it feeling random.

4th, just stability. Would be awesome if I can watch TV for a few hours without any crashes, lockups, pauses. Whats the best settings? Plex has a lot of settings which link to PseudoTV so whats the best there and PseudoTV has lots of settings which also have effects on the watching ability.
I found disabling Trascoding works great for some shows but others refuse to play and just lockup. (format, MP4, AVI, MKV) I'm unsure which works and which doesn't as I have a huge mix of old and new files. But the ones that aren't transcoded usually crash less or not at all. But if I disable it other channels and shows just wont work and PseudoTV locks up.

Any help or an update would be awesome. Love the app, I use it daily even with all the crashes and lockups. Its heaps better than FTA channels, no ads, no covid, no vaccine, just tv shows the way I like and movies when I want without ads.
Hopefully there are easy fixes or there is a new version coming or another app that does the same without the crashes.
I'm just loving the channels and way it works. I've even been out in the car, waiting at the shops and watch my TV channels while I wait. The guide is great, somedays I plan my days around whats on and when.

Heaps of praise for the app, just need it fixed.
Thanks
ImC0ld
New here

Re: Qoolbox, help with PseudoTV

Post by ImC0ld »

Anyone?
Updated the NAS today and now it refuses to run PseudoTV telling me it needs to be signed.
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Post by diwiwi »

Hi,

You can check if your NAS "allows the installation of applications without a valid digital signature"
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/arti ... -signature

-
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

closed for necroposting

Return to “Users' Corner”