still need help with PseudoTV

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
ImC0ld
New here

still need help with PseudoTV

Post by ImC0ld »

for some reason the other thread got locked which was stupid, it just got a reply and you locked it so im forced to make a 2nd thread.

ok, the newer firmware blocks all apps not signed. i got a support ticket in now with QNAP to get this fixed.

i really like it (pseudotv) amd there is nothing else likemit that works as good. it just needs a few bugs fixed.
im no coder so i cant fix it so trying to contact the owner to update it. i have no idea where he is, tried the qnap club store but no reply. tried here and no reply till i remembered i asked a whole back and. ow it gets a reply you lock it...

that was the question asked, can it run unsigned apps. sortof. it did till the latest update so im reporting the bug.
the problem now is since the latest update it says the app isnt made for 5.0.1 and to downgrade. but the qnap firmware updater says downgrading will corrupt the filesystem so i dont want to do that.

i just want to watch my tv stations i had set up.
till this is fixed i got pseudotv working on the pc. just a few small modifications and its all back. but not good when the pc gets turned off. the nas never gets turned off so its all good there.

so, if anyone can fix the app, sign it, update it for 5.0.1 then thatll be great.
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Re: still need help with PseudoTV

Post by diwiwi »

And did you read my reply on the original post?

You can check if your NAS "allows the installation of applications without a valid digital signature"
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/arti ... -signature
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Post by diwiwi »

BTW QNAP would not be able to help you with a 3rd application!
ImC0ld
New here

Post by ImC0ld »

diwiwi wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:47 pm And did you read my reply on the original post?

You can check if your NAS "allows the installation of applications without a valid digital signature"
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/arti ... -signature
Did you read what I said above? I already answered your question.

It DOES give that option but it no longer works.
It took ages to get the box ticket. Now that its ticket it will wont allow it to start.
I uninstalled it and now I cant reinstall it. Gets 4% and stops. Says check the log and the log says the install failed. Great log there....
ImC0ld
New here

Post by ImC0ld »

diwiwi wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:48 pm BTW QNAP would not be able to help you with a 3rd application!
NO but they can help with bugs and faults in their firmware and thats what I'm reporting.

I need someone to release a new version of pseudoTV thats signed and working for 5.0.1 as the current one is 3 years old and doesn't work over 5.0.0
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Post by diwiwi »

You are the one assuming there is a bug.
Only QNAP could confirm that.
At the moment, I have not seen others reporting that issue. Unsigned apps work very well for me, for example.

None other that the app developper will be able to provide an update.

A firmware downgrade unlikely corrupts files system, and that is not what the warning says.
There is however always a possibility, the same goes for updates.
But anyway, you should always have backups of your date.

Hope you find a solution for your problem.

-

Return to “Users' Corner”