My new TS-1635 arrived!!!

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
kd6icz
Getting the hang of things

Re: My new TS-1635 arrived!!!

Post by kd6icz »

Finally!!! Up and running! Had to RMA the bad drive. WD didn't give me the "advanced replacement" option. So I paid for UPS overnight shipping to get the bad drive to them THINKING they would promptly do the same for me.... NOPE! They received my drive... Took 48 hours to say they received it. Took another 48 hours to ship me a replacement UPS 2 day air. Errrrrr.....

Anyway, all is good now. Synchronization took about 29 hours and now I putting data on it. I'm able to saturate the GbE on my PC which is awesome! The best my LSI MEGARAID would do writing in RAID6 was 30Mbps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Bob Zelin
Experience counts

Post by Bob Zelin »

Hi kd6icz -
Have you ever dealt with Dell, HP, Isilon, Thecus, Synology, G-Tech, Netgear, etc.
Have you EVER EVER had another company send you a complete replacement overnight ?
Grrrrrrr ! (to your Errrrrr)
You tell me who sends you overnight replacments (even if you pay for it) and I will start to buy their products.

Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin / Rescue 1, Inc.
http://www.bobzelin.com
kd6icz

Re: RE: Re: My new TS-1635 arrived!!!

Post by kd6icz »

Bob Zelin wrote:Hi kd6icz -
Have you ever dealt with Dell, HP, Isilon, Thecus, Synology, G-Tech, Netgear, etc.
Have you EVER EVER had another company send you a complete replacement overnight ?
Grrrrrrr ! (to your Errrrrr)
You tell me who sends you overnight replacments (even if you pay for it) and I will start to buy their products.

Bob Zelin
Yes. Nokia (formally Alcatel-Lucent). As long as I have my request in by 5:30pm Pacific time, my part will be at my doorstep by 10:30am the next day! Every... Single... Time...

dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I guess professional cell equipment and home/smb nas units have different profit margins as well

when I was working on IBM iseries servers ... they would send a technician by car and replacment hardware from the netherlands by taxi ...self monitored by ibm service ... but the service contract per year was more than QNAPs largest enterprise NAS costs
kd6icz

Re: RE: Re: My new TS-1635 arrived!!!

Post by kd6icz »

dolbyman wrote:I guess professional cell equipment and home/smb nas units have different profit margins as well

when I was working on IBM iseries servers ... they would send a technician by car and replacment hardware from the netherlands by taxi ...self monitored by ibm service ... but the service contract per year was more than QNAPs largest enterprise NAS costs
True. Although we're talking about Western Digital. Not QNAP.

Return to “Users' Corner”