how to escalate support

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
schumaku
Guru

Re: how to escalate support

Post by schumaku »

Welcome to the QNAP NAS Community Forum!

What is the issue?

Please post the ticket number here.

Regards,
-Kurt
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

lakusz wrote:Hi

How can i escalate qnap support?

Best

step1:

create a support ticket. Preferably use the qts inbuilt helpdesk support ticket since they autofill most of the required info for you, which is more convenient then doing via the website direct.

http://helpdesk.qnap.com/

try be as detailed as possible. stuff they usually ask for is firmware your using, what hard drives etc....include screenshots if needed to the attachment.

sometimes they may try to remote connect to your qnap unit to assist solving the issue. ensure that this works, so you may need to check port forwarding on router is setup to allow this.
Please note: Only the ticket specified by the QNAP support team can be used to enable Remote Support. The helpdesk.qnap.com ports 22, 443 must be unblocked to allow our support team to connect to your NAS.
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... e-feedback

step2:
wait 3 business working days for a response. (weekends and public holidays don't count as per norm). If no response you can then re-message using same ticket number to remind them about your ongoing issue.

in the meanwhile you can ask on the forum here which normally other qnap users will chime in with some suggestion or another.

step3:
if the issue is very urgent and time sensitive, you can try phoning the closest technical support hotline closest to you
https://www.qnap.com/en/about/con_show. ... wone&cid=1
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Post by ensignvorik »

Support is given free with your device for as long as you use it and as long as it stays supported by QNAP, so, no, as there is no premium support tiers you can pay for, so there is no escalation method unless some of the kind community members here can give anyone they know at QNAP a kind nudge.
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

lakusz wrote:i have may issue with my qnap, and support is very lazy.
For usual support items, the QNAP Customer Service is very effective, even if hands-on is required. Things support cant change might end on a 3rd level with R&D where required. This does not guarantee special wishes can and will be fixed or implemented.
lakusz wrote:SPW-448-74291: issue with helpdesk app, once created ticket, and then all function are disable
AFAIK there was a temporary issue with the Helpdesk App leading to this issue. To my knowledge, Helpdesk App updates have addressed this.
lakusz wrote:MHF-216-69655: Problem with AppCenter, issue with install app, issue with update
Somewhat vague, tell us more.
lakusz wrote:XMP-376-17472: usb cam issue
SEB-113-43599: some usb device changing usb id.
You don't try to achieve USB connections say for USB Web cams or UPS from VMs to USB devices reserved (captured) by QTS? This might be unsupported.

Return to “Users' Corner”