QNAP Mustang-200 accelerator?

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

QNAP Mustang-200 accelerator?

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

Mustang-200: affordable, scalable adv. computing accelerator
[Our latest endeavor: Mustang-200]

Once installed in a PCIe x4 slot, the host computer will be connected to both computing nodes on the Mustang-200 with 10GbE networks. Every CPU is accompanied with 16GB (2x 8GB) RAM and an Intel® 600P series 512GB NVMe SSD. The computing nodes are powered by QTS-Lite, a lightweight version of QNAP's award-winning QTS operating system.

Back us now on Kickstarter! The Mustang-200 is a powerful computing accelerator with built-in processors and embedded QTS-Lite OS, so you can do and achieve more than you can imagine!

The Mustang-200 is now live on Kickstarter, so go check it out and support us before those deals are gone! Join us in shaping the future of high-performance computing!

Check it & support us at https://goo.gl/fqJ3PC
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ject_share

:shock: is this good? anyone know.

is it just one way of sneaking a QTS onto a Desktop or something?

fog computing?
With robust computing capabilities and scalable characteristics, the Mustang-200 is perfectly suited for fog computing. With fog computing, you can pre-process data generated within your organization or across your devices on-premise, to filter out irrelevant information and only keep valuable insights, and then further utilize them by sending or uploading to cloud platforms. You can save a great deal of cloud platform and bandwidth fees as your data to be analyzed is filtered and only relevant data will be further dealt with.
[youtube=]1OCHPGUGlCY[/youtube]

[youtube=]_mR2iHRt-Rg[/youtube]
Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP Mustang-200 accelerator?

Post by dolbyman »

No idea why QTS should be a great distributed/node computation OS, not that they have really had any public demos of that yet ?

Maybe they want to jump on the hyper convergence train ? (e.g. Nutanix)
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

dolbyman wrote:No idea why QTS should be a great distributed/node computation OS, not that they have really had any public demos of that yet ?

Maybe they want to jump on the hyper convergence train ? (e.g. Nutanix)
on their kickstarter i saw a demo, you can manually add tasks.

one of which was a transcoding demonstration.

i'm just a regular user, so all i use is desktop/laptop/nas/smart phone.

NAS is already creeping onto server workstation territory, but at least i got a grasp on it, to maybe run it as a server in addition to storage. Like dockers and virtual machine seems to be a good use for added processing power. As well as plex transcoding.

but mustang not sure for me what i'd use that for :? seems like for enterprise sort of usage is my guess :shock:

nutanix?
[youtube=]IKdzcwMY950[/youtube]
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

So that hyper convergence stuff is adding compute and storage in "blades" into a pool ... in other virtualization models you have you Network storage (SAN or NAS) and then your computing clusters etc. in different hardware units

I was just thinking that because each of those mustang units has CPU and Storage (SSD) on board and they link via a virtual (?) 10GbE network (even thought they are plugged into a PCIe slot)
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

dolbyman wrote:I was just thinking that because each of those mustang units has CPU and Storage (SSD) on board and they link via a virtual (?) 10GbE network (even thought they are plugged into a PCIe slot)
In my understanding it's identifying to the PCI host as a 10 GbE interface - and there is the computing system connected to. So it's a real 10 GbE interface, just no RJ45.

Return to “Users' Corner”