mount nfs / run a script after plug the usb hdd (before auto backup)

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
andrew_ho_ka
New here

mount nfs / run a script after plug the usb hdd (before auto backup)

Post by andrew_ho_ka »

I have replied in another post about auto run a script when the system boot but it would be fail if the Malware remover tool is enabled.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=130345&start=60#p627113

Actually, what I want to do is, I would like to backup the folders in my nas and also a nfs folder shared by another server in the network automatically when I plug the usb hdd to the NAS.
I would like it just plug in the usb when I arrive the office, it then start a backup automatically without doing anything else, then I can remove the usb hdd when the time I leave office.
I want all this to be done automatically without input any command each time.

The above works perfectly by Hybrid backup sync if there is no nfs folder is needed.
I have searched that, there is no official way to mount a nfs shared folder. There is qpkg can mount the smb folder but I cannot backup it by Hybrid backup sync.
ln soft link from smb folder to local folder is not readable by Hybrid backup sync.

Finally, I need manually to mount the nfs folder by command and I need it to auto-startup even if I have restarted the nas.
"mount -t nfs /my-nfs-ip:/nfsfolder /share/Public/nfsfolder"

Are there anyway that I can do this by the qnap?
autorun.sh is not work with the Malware remover but I want the Malware remover to be enabled.

So, I am thinking, if there is anyway to have the system run a mount comment just before it run a backup?
schumaku
Guru

Re: mount nfs / run a script after plug the usb hdd (before auto backup)

Post by schumaku »

There is nothing like a free beer. Malware remover and autorun.sh are mutually exclusive by design and intention...

Return to “Users' Corner”