Qmanager under iOS 11 beta 5 issues...

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Chuck_IV
Starting out

Post by Chuck_IV »

Not sure how to make QNAP aware directly on this app as I cannot post a review view iOS 11 and it's not really a NAS issue.

Anyway, the latest beta 5 of iOS 11 has really messed up the Qmanager options section. It hovers the save and cancel buttons on top of each other as plain text, thus they are unusable. I can enter all the pertinent to info but cannot save it to be able to open my NAS.

I know it is still beta but up through beta 4, it worked fine. It just started in beta 5 and I wanted to make them aware of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Qmanager under iOS 11 beta 5 issues...

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Not sure how to make QNAP aware directly on this app
An effective way would be to submit a QNAP HelpDesk ticket : https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
Chuck_IV
Starting out

Post by Chuck_IV »

AlastairStevenson wrote:
Not sure how to make QNAP aware directly on this app
An effective way would be to submit a QNAP HelpDesk ticket : https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Done. This seems specific to only QManager as QFile and QGet still work fine. I know I just got a QManager update on iOS the other day so I don't know if this was because of the app update and not the beta I didn't have to re-enter any info so I had no need to go into the options section after the app update. I may install QManager on my wife's iPhone tonight to see if it is the app or the beta that is causing the issue as she is still running iOS 10.3.3.

The issue is, in the NAS edit/add screen, the top title bar is missing so the Save and Cancel buttons appear over top other info and are non-functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
creedian
First post

Post by creedian »

Has anyone heard back on this yet? Bought my QNAP after I installed iOS 11 so I haven't had a chance to use the app yet.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Typically QNAP doens't update their IOS apps until the final code is released, so for IOS 11 that should be mid-late September.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq

Return to “Users' Corner”