QNAP TS-453 Pro stuck on "SYSTEM BOOTING"

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
kinnetik
New here

Re: QNAP TS-453 Pro stuck on "SYSTEM BOOTING"

Post by kinnetik »

Same on TS-853 Pro, stuck at system booting, Errormessage I got by E-Mail was system fan 1 failed. But also running since 2013 24x7...
rjesse
Starting out

Post by rjesse »

Sounds like the same issue, the 100ohm resistor fix should bring it back for a while at least.
Dual QNAP TS-251+
PGN-1111

Post by PGN-1111 »

I've bought a qnap ts-473 after the ts-453 pro failure and read a lot about "hdd backplane failing after 2 yeara" so I decided to return the unit for refund.It had 64gb ram and m2 ssd storage but was slow running a single linux vm 12 gb in size. was the right decision, my old 2011 desktop pc now does the work of the qnap with 4 disks, debian linux mdraid and qemu-kvm. this very old system works like a breeze with only 16 gb ram. both qnaps took 40 minutes to boot with all default but one vm and 4 vlan net bridges.
rjesse
Starting out

Post by rjesse »

IS QNAP Coming around? Response I got today;

"I talked to my supervisor, he said we were still waiting for the response from the upper management. And he also told me not every similar symptom was caused by this issue. We need to check the SN, production batch, motherboard version, and other info to determine. I'm still waiting for the reply and will update you later."

Sounds like we need to keep up the pressure...
Dual QNAP TS-251+
mversion
Starting out

Post by mversion »

Just happened to mine as well :(
I lodged a ticket but I don't expect much. Is there a better guide/video to explain/showcase the 100 ohm resistor fix? Although when the time comes I could follow through this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5k8FWe6u60
I wouldn't mind a more idiot proof version if it does exist.

Also, if I were to get a new NAS, what is the procedure to use my existing hard drives and being able to access them as normal?
rhodo
New here

Post by rhodo »

I just want to report that I was unsuccessful soldering the resistor between pins 1 and 10, but it did work when soldered between pins 1 and 8.

I have a TS-453 Pro and followed the advice here regarding soldering a 100 Ohm resistor to LPC-CN1. It has been stated in this thread that both pin 8 and pin 10 are ground, so I assumed that it did not matter which I used. After repeated failures soldering the resistor between pin 1 and 10, it was on a whim that I tried pin 8, and it worked.

Hope this helps someone.
rjesse
Starting out

Post by rjesse »

Looks like they are backtracking now. I asked if it is not an LPC issues then how was I able to resolve it by soldering a 100ohm resistor across pins 1 and 8.

Hi Rick

After the research, we cannot find any evidence that this issue is related to the LPC symptom. However, I can help to apply a 50% discount for you if you want to buy a new similar model at store.qnap.com. Please advise.

Thank you

Sincerely,
Simon Yang
Dual QNAP TS-251+
bogdansrb
New here

Post by bogdansrb »

I have the same issue with a TS-453 Pro and I thought I'd try the 100 ohm resistor trick. However, I only found around 0.3V on pin 1. Is that normal?
rjesse
Starting out

Post by rjesse »

Sorry I did not measure the voltage on mine, I just applied the 100ohm resistor and still working since.
Dual QNAP TS-251+
delid4ve
Starting out

Post by delid4ve »

So my NAS 453 pro died yesterday - approx 6 years old.
No hdmi
Just system booting…
I have a different LED to everything else I can find though.. Just bay 3 is red, everything else is green.
I’ve also measured the voltage across 1 & 8/10 on the LPC header and I have 7 volts there so am now extremely confused.

If anyone can shed any light it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
QNAP TS-453 Pro - WD Red 4tb Drives x4 - Asus N66u Dark Knight - Netgear Pro Safe POE switch - Hikvision 2032 Cams - Raspberry Pi 2&3 Model B - DM800s - ASUS TP300L
rjesse
Starting out

Post by rjesse »

Have you seen this video, might help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5k8FWe6u60
Dual QNAP TS-251+
MikeLong
First post

Post by MikeLong »

451 died on me the other night, bit of digging and found this thread...100 Ohm resistor trick worked here, great work by the community :)
bogdansrb
New here

Post by bogdansrb »

I poked around with the oscilloscope on the LPC header and there's nothing. So I guess it's dead for good.
rjesse
Starting out

Post by rjesse »

Make sure you open ticket with QNAP and reference this thread, they gave me 50% of a new purchase, not quite admission of guilt but pretty close.
Dual QNAP TS-251+
delid4ve
Starting out

Post by delid4ve »

Another 100 ohm resistor success 👍
Thought it was older than it was. Only Dec 17, so just under 4 years. Going to pursue under uk consumer regulations now as this hasn’t met the requirements and I can prove there was a fault from new with the intel docs. Will let everyone know how I get on.
QNAP TS-453 Pro - WD Red 4tb Drives x4 - Asus N66u Dark Knight - Netgear Pro Safe POE switch - Hikvision 2032 Cams - Raspberry Pi 2&3 Model B - DM800s - ASUS TP300L

Return to “Users' Corner”