Unable to Map to a shared folder

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
lellul
New here

Unable to Map to a shared folder

Post by lellul »

Hello all,

I have a DS-231 2 bay device. I can see the NAS on Qfinder, it has an valid IP address which I can ping. I can see the device through Windows Explorer under "Networks" as a storage device. I can log into the device through a browser and access all the utilities including creating users and shared folders but I cannot not map a drive. I have tried via both Windows Explorer and Qfinder Storage Plug & Play.

I created users with the same username and passwords as the user of the PC and granted full permissions.
I have created shared folders and added the users individually and the groups they belong to.

This thing is driving me crazy!! Please can someone help

Thank you in advance.
lellul
Don
Guru

Re: Unable to Map to a shared folder

Post by Don »

Firmware versions? Error messages? Screen shots of share permissions.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
lellul
New here

Post by lellul »

Firmware version is 4.3.3.0299 Build 20170901

Error message through Windows Explorer - Windows cannot access \\192.168.2.73\Public Check spelling ....

Qfinder Storage Plug and Play - No error, just doesn't display any folders
lellul
New here

Post by lellul »

Sorry Don I get a screen shot. I tried it in PDF and DOC. When I try to attach I get a message about the file having a wrong extension.
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

I think it needs to be a jpg.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
lellul
New here

Post by lellul »

Screen grab attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lellul
New here

Post by lellul »

Just changed a few things. It didn't make a difference, still have a problem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Please provide screen shot of share permissions for Public.

Return to “Users' Corner”