TVS 873 Randomly keeps shutting down

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Fazer9999
Starting out

Re: TVS 873 Randomly keeps shutting down

Post by Fazer9999 »

The tests were done from 1 to 5 with a RAM1 module and again from 1 to 5 with the RAM 2 module. (this is what I referred to in test6)
In both test series, the situation was the same.
The system runs like in the test 5 (because memtest show this is the max speed)

Do you have any idea how can i check in the running system the memory clock frequency. Or the dual channel operating and frequency?

You say that you " A1 and A2 and the system recognized both modules " yes your system can run in dual channel mode in this position also.
I found the manual description see attachment:
According to the manual the freeze is acceptable.

Question:
You have the same problem with the A2 B2 combination that me. I try the A1 A2 combination. Can we say that this same problem is Qnap memory handling on A2 B2 combination ? This is warrante problem or not?
I woud ask the helpdesk. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

If you run with 2 Dimms, you will run at a lower memory speed. Somewhere around ~1800 is about right and is normal. Has been addressed before in the forums if you do a quick search.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Trexx on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
Fazer9999
Starting out

Post by Fazer9999 »

My NAS goes back to the dealer I'm tired of it. :cry: :cry:
I hope the QNAP warranty management is correct and send an other pack ... :roll:
At this moment, I'm disappointed of choosing this NAS type.
bridgesint
Starting out

Post by bridgesint »

wanna check, when you said that the memtest ran for 6-hrs, did you initiate the memtest using a bootable usb, or was it the loading "Checking Memory" prompt on the LCD screen that ran for 6-hrs?
Fazer9999
Starting out

Post by Fazer9999 »

Netherland RMA repair my nas. The power suupply the mainbord is replaiced. OK BUT the general problem is still exist. My nas now dont shut down but rebooting. I use before recommended 3 x HDD Seagate ST3000VX010 and 1 RAID group RAID5. In this time i try brand new recommended WD hdd-s. BUT THE SITUATION IS THE SAME. Now i try RAID 1 typ.

Failure to reboot always takes place during a larger task (40-90minute CPU>50%).

Such task as:
the raid synchronization,
a lot of data move (150-200GB),
apple iphone 6s photo sync (50GB ~ 5-6000 pictures and videos)

I tried the following things: I watched CPU temperature steadily. (64-65C maximum the last 30min untill the problem)
I used nas with seagate HDD and WD RED HDD (all types recommended for this device).
I create several thick/thin/statick data volume RAID1 and RAID5 structure but during the raid syncronising come the problem and restart the nas. And then i inicialize the nas agen and try again.
I could create stabil volume (succesfuly raid syncronising without restart and error) only, when i downgrade the firmware to 20171230 4.3.4.0435 but after beginning using the system with the sayed task the problem come again .
I try to replace the memory: 2 * 8GB Samsung M471A1K43BB0-CPB (same problem)
If nas has no load (CPU more than 50%) the restart will come after few days.

https://youtu.be/l_hwp7yXabs
Fazer9999
Starting out

Post by Fazer9999 »

I have the solution!
Qnap smart fan control does not work properly!
see attachments
FAN ERROR.jpg
Self-defined temperature control is perfect!

This is a firmware error. I tried the followings firmware:
Each has the same problem!? The CPU is 65C and the fans do not spin faster at all, and restart the NAS.
This is a firmware error!?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the-professor
First post

Post by the-professor »

I can confirm the issue was the fan control. If it's automated, it will randomly shut down the NAS.

I have a TS-231+ and I was wondering about the random shutdowns after I replaced my HDs. After weeks of trying out different settings and finding this forum thread, I can confirm that setting the fan level manually, the random shutdowns stopped. I assume it started to happen with my NAs since I switched from 5400rpm HDs to 7200rpm HDs and they get warmer in general.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Users' Corner”