Qsirch ain't working

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Bob Zelin
Experience counts

Qsirch ain't working

Post by Bob Zelin »

Hi -
I usually answer questions about video editing or 10G connections with QNAP, but now I need a place to complain. And yes, I will be opening a ticket with QNAP.
New TVS-EC1680U-SAS-RP-R2. Everything is working great. Except Qsirch. Within the last month, I did every single firmware upgrade, uninstalled Qsirch, reinstalled Qsirch,
let it re index, and I either always get an error code, not enough memory (16 Gig RAM), or some nonsense. Just did the last firmware update yesterday - system still working great,
great read and write speeds over 10G, but CANNOT Qsirch. Even tried the Google plug in for QNAP for searching and this does not work as well (all Mac computers).

I own two small QNAPs just for test data, and Qsirch works. But now I am in a professional environment with over 100 TB of data, and Qsirch is not working.

Very frustrating. Again - I just wanted to complain.

Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin / Rescue 1, Inc.
http://www.bobzelin.com
iam@nas
Easy as a breeze

Re: Qsirch ain't working

Post by iam@nas »

To keep it short: Index less data and/or add memory to the Tika service and Elasticsearch database.
I discussed it already here with another user:
viewtopic.php?f=361&t=145738

It is a pain to locate the proper files which define the amount of memory used and some of them change within new versions. Edit these files:

Code: Select all

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Qsirch/conf/qusion.conf - ES_Mem_Max = 256 - Tika_Mem_Max = 256
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Qsirch/qusion.sh - MAX_ES_HEAP=256
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Qsirch/conf/settings.conf
ps -ef|grep elastic' should then list the ES process with '-Xmx1024M'. If you modified also Tika_Mem_Max it could fix also Tika.

'grep "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Qsirch/tmp/tika_server.log' should show Tika problems.
glennmac
Know my way around

Re: Qsirch ain't working

Post by glennmac »

Qsirch + Spotlight is broken right now. I filed a ticket with QNAP and I highly recommend you file one too. The tech I worked with said they QNAP is working on it but the more squeaky wheels we can get on this the better. It has been more quite awhile and it is not fixed. I have 2 TS-473s brand new out in the field and expect to put more out there. Spotlight + Qsirch plain doesn't work. Increasing memory as suggested here is interesting but not so easy. QNAP needs to do this or give specific instructions if this is the fix.

Return to “Users' Corner”