recovery done. so now doing indexing/thumbnails
uh... this is a bit buggy imho.
this is what i did
(prior to this i already setup the media locations for console management and qumagie)
1. manual index (because i wanted to do the restore first. didn't want it indexing at that time).
2. generate thumbnails. Qumagie also started on it's own to do it's thing. But at some point thumbnails got paused, while qumagie was still indexing for itself, so i just let it be.
3. when i see qumagie finished it's scan, i try to resume thumbnail generation but it wouldn't start. so i tried to remove thumbnails, but that doesn't seem to do anything (feels broken?). I then try index now, but it won't start. So instead i click regenerate thumbnails, but eventually it gets stuck and pauses. i check log it says it couldn't generate thumbnail for a certain jpg. but why is that?
4. so maybe its an indexing issue, so i select re-index and set priority to normal to get it done sooner. so now it's reindexing.
not sure why there is this weird issue, i don't have a particularly complex setup. and the media it's indexing is
- pics: jpgs, pngs, gif
- compression: zip/rar
- containers: mp4, mkv, avi
- video formats: h264, h265, hevc, dts,
- audio formats: flac, aac,mp3, vorbis, dts
- subs: ssa
- documents: doc, pdf, epub
pretty standard stuff, and they are all added to the right segments, videos, pictures, music in the console multimedia index category.
only thing that may be slightly different, is that in the video category, some of the indexed folders may contain rar/zip/notes and other various non video files. because they contain work folders for editing.
but thats about it :/
Anyway hopefully the indexing completes this time....
The last time i pointed out issues with thumbnail generation to helpdesk, they merely said it's due to lack of system resources. but that doesn't seem to be the case (in resource monitor cpu barely goes beyond 8% and ram is not exceeded...)... it just feels buggy and not indexing properly. a bit unstable, at least for me. how about you guys?
so i change from manual to real time thumbnail generation (only now does it say COMPLETE). it is now running people and object recognition (this makes sense because i had initiated the reindex, so i have to do the qumagie recognition over again).
after a reboot, and hours or so later, i check the qumagie ai engine, and also the thumbnail generation. both show completed. The last time i had issues, i had toggled realtime (i may have reindexed also again, not sure), and just let that finished running. Manual doesn't seem to work too well. Realtime if you leave it on long enuff, eventually it will complete.
so maybe the issue is with the manual indexing perhaps? cauz it says pause and it will never complete, and resuming doesn't do jack as it will cancel, when i tried it anyway.
Any ideas why thumbnail generation is so wonky? or is it perhaps i'm doing something wrong when using the multimedia console? or something i overlooked?