Utter disappointment

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
iconick
New here

Utter disappointment

Post by iconick »

I have officially decided that my TS-431P2 will be my last ever QNAP.

I am sick to death of the constant issues I've been having with it and frankly, I don't recall my friend ever having any such issues with Synology, nor for that matter, did I have any with Zyxel.

They release updates to firmware without updating qkpgs appropriately, for ex; QVPN Service is now unable to be configured for OpenVPN, rendering my, already-paid-for subscription, utterly useless.

Additionally, in the past 3 days, I have hard to hard reset my NAS no less than 7 times for various reasons and now...NOW, I have just attempted to login and, would you believe it, I log in, though am now faced with nothing more than a blue background.

I paid £400 for this piece of scrap, not to mention the £400+ for the WD Reds and I honestly cannot stand it.

I will no longer recommend QNAP to anybody.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: Utter disappointment

Post by Toxic17 »

Well I would have said welcome to the forums, but since this is your first post and hopefully your last, I'll say - goodbye and good luck. No doubt the next Vendor you choose wont know of any issues you have either seeing you never posted any issues on these forums until now. If you couldnt be bothered posting here and allowing the community to help you, why did you then want to troll the forums of your intent in leaving?

these forums have plenty of good users who offer their help and advise. why could you not ask for it?

Anyway. ciao
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
iconick
New here

Post by iconick »

Buona sera.

Simply put, I attempted to see if there was already a fix for the problem, however, the icing on the cake is that the general consensus is to hard reset. Clearly, this is not going to work. And frankly if it was the only fix, without guarantees that it will not happen again, I simply don't have the energy to do it, given that it takes hours - yes, HOURS - to reconfigure.

Additionally, I wouldn't expect to spend more than the cost of my first car and as much as the cost of my second car, purchasing, for example; a washing machine, have it work for 6 months and then when an update is released, have to spend my time scouring a forum entrusting a stranger to advise me to 'try this, try that, etc.'

This is not safe, least of all, for the near 6TB of incredibly valuable data stored within it.

Moreover, it should not be the responsibility of a 'community' to help fix a problem on a machine manufactured for advanced users in small/medium office environments. If this is the business model behind QNAP's enterprise; it is evident that I indeed, made a mistake.

As for "but since this is your first post and hopefully your last", I really appreciate your comment as, as I am clearly the person in the wrong for being totally at wits end with something I spent a year saving for, it is clearly I that deserves your reprehension.

Having said that, I do sincerely thank you for proving the point that the ever knowledgeable 'community' should NOT be responsible for customer service.

CIAO tu piccolo ignorante

Edit: I also don't have that luxury, because I am currently MILES away from it. Of course, this too is my fault - I'm certain, as it is totally unreasonable to expect to be able to manage a network storage device, over a network.

Edit 2: I also had a log in for the forum on an old email address that's mailbox has since been closed. Unfortunately, I don't remember the username and without being able to login and access QMailAgent, I have been unable to retrieve it. Hence, first post.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

Yes, its shouldnt be the responsibility of the community, but we are here to help anyway. fact is YOU posted on a community based forum for a rant. full stop. No other posts from you - ever.......

everyone needs help for time to time, and we seek that advise from these type of forums and thats what we do here, help.

But you chose to use the only post you ever made on these forums to rant and rave to a community that is here to help, Yet failed to see we (the community) knew nothing about the issues your were having and could not help you. QNAP is not here. so who are you preaching too?

Thread closed.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55

Return to “Users' Corner”