Please Help - Multiple QNAP NAS devices connected

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
GerHARD777
New here

Please Help - Multiple QNAP NAS devices connected

Post by GerHARD777 »

Hi,

Realy hope someone can help me PLEASSSSEEEE!

I have a client and Installed a QNAP Nas at their office. At the time when I installed the QNAP NAS they only had 5 PC's connecting to it locally at that office and 3 PC's connecting to it via OPEN VPN from their other office.

Currently they are complaining about the NAS especially the people connecting via Open VPN, however the local office grew to 7 people and the remote offices grew from 1 single remote office to 3 remote offices all with at least 3 PC's.

My solution to them was to install a QNAP NAS at each of the offices and then all workers work locally on their NAS and the NAS devices would then sync to each other.

MY question to you guys on here, is this a good solution and wil it work with the QNAP NAS devices and how to you suggest I go about it.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: Please Help - Multiple QNAP NAS devices connected

Post by Toxic17 »

This depends on what data the users are accessing really. do they share data? databases, spreadsheets documents media, etc? or do they use their own data at their own site?

You could since they are all QNAPs you can use HBS (Hybrid Backup Sync) the RTRR protocol and sync whatever data the users require. Of cause this will need you to sit down with the users at each office to see what their requirements are.

then you can come up with a plan to sync data in realtime or at scheduled intervals if they require data from another site.

https://www.qnap.com/solution/hbs3/en/

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... -qnap-nas/

also what method is used for backing up data on the NAS at present? you may want to assign storage space on each NAS at each site to hold another sites data, in case of a DR situation.

the other method is using VPNs from remote sites into one main site. however OpenVPN on the NAS may not be the greatest way of VPN tunnelling multiple users to the main site. better to have the VPN handled by a dedicated VPN router at each site.

another way is to have the users access their data in the cloud which many companies are now moving too.

there are numerous scenarios that can be used.

another way is to have the users access their data in the cloud which many companies are now moving too.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55

Return to “Users' Corner”