Qnap Qhora-301W - Newbie Questions

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Pyre of Fyre
New here

Qnap Qhora-301W - Newbie Questions

Post by Pyre of Fyre »

Hi all,

Long time lurker and network newbie, who's recently gotten his hands on a Qnap Qhora-301W.

Was hoping for some help on the following;

1. QuWAN configration, and
2. Network > Port Definition questions.

1. How do I get to choose the Hub option for Device Role? I've tried providing all the necessary information, but for some reason, the Device Role options always remains greyed out. Am I missing something here?

2. I've tried connecting a laptop to the a random port, but noticed that I'm only able to get Internet access with Access mode and not Trunk mode. In Trunk mode, I have set up a VLAN for the purpose, but still can't seem to get an Internet connection going.

How would one use the Trunk mode option?

If I have 2 separate devices, each assigned to its own VLAN, how do I get them to "talk" to each other?

1. OS: Windows 10
2. Device: Qnap Qhora-301W
3. Firmware Version: 1.2.0.0001
4. Network Setup: Standalone router to wired/wireless devices

Thanks!
PoF
dkess
New here

Re: Qnap Qhora-301W - Newbie Questions

Post by dkess »

Hi,

There are two basic rules regarding QuWAN:

- first device must be in HUB role,
- in case of HUB role the router's WAN IP must be a public IP (otherwise Device Role options remains greyed out).

In case of second rule the problem may the followings:

- You're in cgNAT (ISP double NAT -ing You). You can ask your ISP to put You out from cgNAT pool,
- Maybe on Your LAN there is double NAT - e.g. You're after a ONT/HGW in router mode ...

Maybe Your devices don't support VLAN IDs (LAN ports in trrunced mode)? it can be problem because the router doesn't support VLANs in case of ports which are in Access Mode. You can apply a managed switch for this purpose or You can connect Your affected devices via WiFi. This router have 3 Dual-Band Virtual APs - it means 6 dufferent bands and all of them can be assigned to different VLAN.

Best regards,
dkess

Return to “Users' Corner”