QSW-M408-2C-US 10Gb Switch - Unable to Access Internet

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
lostclusters
First post

QSW-M408-2C-US 10Gb Switch - Unable to Access Internet

Post by lostclusters »

I got this error while attempting to check for firmware update (live update). I was able to do a manual firmware update when I set it up. Current firmware is 1.0.10.18792. Are there ports to forward for this? This switch is connected to a router and other devices connected to the switch can access the internet.

Also, I had to do a reset on the switch to be able to login to the switch the day after I set it up and shut it down for the night. It would not accept the new password or the mac address. I did not change the user name admin.
laragoza
First post

Re: QSW-M408-2C-US 10Gb Switch - Unable to Access Internet

Post by laragoza »

i have the same issue...
KurganZ
Starting out

Post by KurganZ »

Yes, I have two of these, both with the original and update (1.0.10.18792) firmware and neither can connect for NTP or to check firmware. They are Internet ignorant... :ubergeek:
xkredr
New here

Post by xkredr »

Same here, with an QSW-M408-4C, no NTP or online firmware updating.
The switch takes an IP from DCHP, WebUI can be accessed on that IP.
However pinging this IP gives strange results, often not possible (time-out), sometimes >1000ms (no other traffic/load) and sometimes ~2 ms.
Other devices connected to the switch work just fine, nice transfer speeds, normal ping responses.....

Hopefully QNAP will come through with a firmware update soon.
xkredr
New here

Post by xkredr »

update to my earlier post: latest firmware 1.0.11.15463 should solve the internet access issue. My switch now has internet access, but only when connected directly to an untagged port on a router or other switch (HP in my case). The internet access issue persists when the QSW-M408 is connected by means of a tagged uplink connection. The webUI can only be accessed on vlan 1 and vlan 1 only excists in untagged form (so only an internal vlan on the QSW-M408 only). I tried to untag my management vlan (10) on say port 3 and patch that through to say port 1 (with vlan 1 untagged) for access to the webUI. This works as far as accessing the WebUI, but the switch itself has instable internet access. Instable means only once in a while you can ping the switch succesfully and firmware update seems to have access to its server....
iGadget2
Starting out

Post by iGadget2 »

Same issue here on my QSW-M408-4C running firmware 1.0.11.15463. During my setup and testing phase the switch was connected to my router via my old core switch. During that time, it connected to the internet just fine. Since then it has replaced the old switch and is now directly connected to the router. And now it fails when checking for updates and the NTP time sync doesn't work anymore.
Let's hope this gets fixed in the next firmware update...

Return to “Users' Corner”