Creating a container in the second storage pool of a QuTS Hero NAS

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
siebzehnx
Starting out

Creating a container in the second storage pool of a QuTS Hero NAS

Post by siebzehnx »

I own a TVS-h1688X configured with two storage pools. The OS storage pool is comprised by 4 Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB in a Raid 1, with a total current capacity of 898.01 GB. In there I only have the system folders (Public, Web and homes) and I'd prefer to keep it like that.

A second storage pool is formed by 12 Seagate hard drives of 16TB each in a Raid 6. Now, I have installed the Container app, in order to install SQL Server 2019 for Linux in a docket and host my own development databases there (I've done this before in the previous QNAP I had, which was an older model with only one storage pool, thus not running a ZFS-based operating system). The problem I'm facing now is that I can't select the path for the Container initial data to live on, there's no option in the initial step to actually redirect it to the second storage pool, which is where I want the Container folder to exist, and subsequently my databases. The only visible path is /Container which would create that folder in the OS storage pool instead.

My question here is simple, how do I accomplish the installation of the Container data in my second storage pool, instead of my OS pool?

Thanks
Cbrad01
Know my way around

Re: Creating a container in the second storage pool of a QuTS Hero NAS

Post by Cbrad01 »

Not sure I can answer this, but I have the 12 bay model running hero and I am finding a lot of limitations on share pathing, app paths, app migration and such. When I submitted tickets to support the answer is always “not possible on QuTS Hero”.
I am very close to migrating back to the standard is version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
deejayexe
Starting out

Post by deejayexe »

Finally how solve it in QuTS hero?

I want to buy h1288x but I need more information to migrate from qts to QuTS hero

Enviado desde mi LE2123 mediante Tapatalk

Cbrad01
Know my way around

Post by Cbrad01 »

I had many issues with paths and folders on Hero. I ended up moving my NAS back to the non-hero version.
There were problems creating or access shares for applications to use. As the other answer states I was told hero does not support xxxx when I submitted tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Users' Corner”