Q-hora and remote wake-on-LAN

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Россарх
New here

Q-hora and remote wake-on-LAN

Post by Россарх »

Forumers! Having acquired the 301W model, i’m unable to successfully configure remote wake-on-LAN of a NAS, connected to the router’s 10 gigabit port 1. With my previous router the drive woke up flawlessly via its MAC and port 9, for which i usually used w3dt.net.

As i understand, the configuration is to be done in NAT/Firewall section in the router’s browser page, but i don’t seem to get it to work. Is there anything under Firewall Rule that needs to be changed (activating the firewall and/or creating rules)? I’ve tried many configurations there for rule creation without success. Then there is also the NAT subsection, will its own rules – do they need to be altered as well / instead? For some reason the manual doesn’t even mention WOL, so there are no examples of settings for that function on the router.
Россарх
New here

Post by Россарх »

An update on this after being in touch with Q-nap: Q-hora doesn’t support wake-on-local-area-network as of this time. The support may or may not be added in the feature (no timeframe). Internal WOLAN (via programmes, like Q-finder or WakeMeOnLan) does work already on the 1 Gbit ports, but external (w3dt.net, depicus.com) never does. And on the 10 Gbit ports wake-on-local-area-network isn’t actually usable even internally.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Q-hora and remote wake-on-LAN

Post by dolbyman »

why would external work with wol? ..that would be wow then...no?

Return to “Users' Corner”