QHora-301W, unfinished product?

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Nexus2k
New here

QHora-301W, unfinished product?

Post by Nexus2k »

I've got a QHora-301W as soon as it was available in my country and I'm very happy with the 10GBe performance and the Wifi 6 is fantastic.

However I'm fighting with a few issues:
- The Firmware seems to be a bit unstable, I get about 1 random reboot per day, the router is not reporting high temperatures nor any errors in the log
- There is no IPv6 support
- There is no DynDNS support (Luckily my NAS can do that for now)

In earlier firmware versions I've observed also performance degradation after a while where the WAN speed slowed down to ~500MBps (I have a 1Gbps/100Mbps connection). Is there a firmware roadmap and a way to see more detailed logs after a reboot?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QHora-301W, unfinished product?

Post by dolbyman »

Hope Dyndns is only used for a VPN server and not for direct exposure of NAS services

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=160849

Oh and btw..this is a user forum, QNAP does not come here..and we do not have any access to internal roadmaps or juicy gossip
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

@nexus

that's surprising

assuming you are using default app without doing anything weird to it, user should expect it not to randomly reboot. you definitely should create a support ticket for that
https://service.qnap.com/

yes i would have first check the temp for the router, but you are saying temp readings were okay.

ipv6 is usually standard support especially for router these days. you best also create a ticket for this asking for a feature request.

personally i didn't enable ipv6. becauze it's more of a detriment for vpns more often than not.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
Nexus2k
New here

Post by Nexus2k »

dolbyman wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:36 pm Hope Dyndns is only used for a VPN server and not for direct exposure of NAS services

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=160849

Oh and btw..this is a user forum, QNAP does not come here..and we do not have any access to internal roadmaps or juicy gossip
Hehe, no worries disabling the whole qnap cloud and automatic port opening from the NAS is the first thing I do on these products.
Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:31 am @nexus

that's surprising

assuming you are using default app without doing anything weird to it, user should expect it not to randomly reboot. you definitely should create a support ticket for that
https://service.qnap.com/

yes i would have first check the temp for the router, but you are saying temp readings were okay.

ipv6 is usually standard support especially for router these days. you best also create a ticket for this asking for a feature request.

personally i didn't enable ipv6. becauze it's more of a detriment for vpns more often than not.
Hmmm I hoped somebody already looked into the router a bit more indepth and would know log files or other stuff to check after reboots. I have to say that I use both available 10Gbe Ports but again the temperature always claimed to be normal.
kamayuq
New here

Post by kamayuq »

DynDNS support was added recently, right? But OpenVPN support was "downgraded" to QVPN? Can I connect to a regular OpenVPN Server with it and route the vpn data to a specific vLAN as well?
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

there is no openvpn encryption protocol in the options? :'
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
kamayuq
New here

Post by kamayuq »

There an OpenVPN optionas a QVPN client that reads a *.ovpn file but it does not work with a normal OpenVPN Server. Debugging the logfile is also not existent. VLAN tagging does not work either. so if you switch a port from (all) access port to trunk port (with a vlan tag) the connected client still get's the old dhcp lease from before. When forceing a new lease on the client the VLAN tagged ports don't work even when DHCP was enabled. This is quite a bummer.
kamayuq
New here

Post by kamayuq »

3 days fighting with this router and I think that I will send it back. I have been resetting and rebooting this router far too many times now and some settings are just random with every reboot. Now the reboot takes several minutes (I think it's overheating)

On top of this:
The firewall options are really really bad.
OpenVPN is basically non existent.
vLAN is severely lacking.
and the support is not really helpful either.
Taels
Starting out

Post by Taels »

After 3 months I am also getting 1-2 random reboots a day.
koy
Getting the hang of things

Post by koy »

I think the product maybe finished, quite literally dead in the water!
TS-509
Taels
Starting out

Post by Taels »

Taels wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:40 pm After 3 months I am also getting 1-2 random reboots a day.
Solved after installing new firmware.
Nexus2k
New here

Post by Nexus2k »

I've got mine replaced which made things better, however I can now reproducibly get it to reboot when running bruteforce attacks for security research purposes (Burp Suite Intruder...).
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

Nexus2k wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:38 pm I've got mine replaced which made things better, however I can now reproducibly get it to reboot when running bruteforce attacks for security research purposes (Burp Suite Intruder...).
Are you saying you can make it reboot when it should not when you simulate a brute force attack?
If you can say how to reproduce this, I can report this.

Return to “Users' Corner”