QNAP Switch System Login Problem

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Overflight
New here

QNAP Switch System Login Problem

Post by Overflight »

I'm new to QNAP and the QSW-M408-C4 switch is the first product I'm trying to get online.

I plugged it in and attached a couple of computers to it and it seems to be doing its "thing". I then downloaded and launched the Qfinder app. It immediately shows the switch as a line item. The instructions to Login and pretty easy. Use the MAC address as the default password and this is where it fails. I get invalid user name or password error. I've tried a few times being extra diligent not to mess up the entry with now luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Bob Zelin
Experience counts

Re: QNAP Switch System Login Problem

Post by Bob Zelin »

if the MAC address is 24-5E-BE-6A-45-E3
the password is 2453BE6A45E3

no dashes or colons ! Once you enter this, it will ask you to change the password.
Bob
Bob Zelin / Rescue 1, Inc.
http://www.bobzelin.com
Overflight
New here

Post by Overflight »

Bob,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I get the same error.

Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iGadget2
Starting out

Post by iGadget2 »

Had the same problem. I fixed it by doing a factory reset on the switch - it then was accessible with the MAC address password.
I wonder if the device has been previously used or this is a 'bug' ...
Overflight
New here

Post by Overflight »

Thank you. Yes it needed to be reset and yes the default password isn't actually the MAC address it''s the MAC address without the dashes. Sheesh I can be so dumb sometimes.

Return to “Users' Corner”