TVS-871 Fan Failed message

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
brainchill
New here

TVS-871 Fan Failed message

Post by brainchill »

I have an interesting one. I've got a TVS-871 with 16 gigs of ram and an i7 cpu that I've had for a little over a year now. It has run flawlessly in that time. It's firmware is up to date, it has "warm" reset for firmware updates dozens of times but I had to physically power it down for the first time in a year because we lost power the other day and I knew it would be out longer than my UPS would last for so I manually shut it down (gracefully) ..... After the power came back on it booted up and threw an error that both system fans failed so I powered it off and powered it on again and the error went away. A day later the error is back. The weird thing is that the fans are both spinning at whatever speed I manually set them to and appear to work fine. So it's almost like the firmware is broken and just thinks that the fans aren't spinning. Temps in the case are fine, fans are spinning fine, so how to I get rid of the alert? Do you think the fans really are getting ready to fail or?
brainchill
New here

Re: TVS-871 Fan Failed message

Post by brainchill »

Also, I did search and found all of the existing similar threads that point to a full temp dir but I have more than 98% free.

Return to “Users' Corner”