Where are the data fixes announced for Qnap apps when they are updated?

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
ColHut
Know my way around

Where are the data fixes announced for Qnap apps when they are updated?

Post by ColHut »

G’dsy,

I see a couple of app updates in the app centre for Hybrid mount and Multimedia console. Cannot see a link or announcement on what has been fixed (or broken. :) ) where would they be?

Regards
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: Where are the data fixes announced for Qnap apps when they are updated?

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

Sometimes it's mentioned here
https://www.qnap.com/en/security-advisories/

other times it's also mentioned in appcenter when u find the app, then click on changelog, it opens a webpage to the changelog for the app. they may or may not be very descriptive about what the latest update fixes.

usually if it'a security issue, the advisory page would be more detailed, and sometimes what app got patched e.g. photostation
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
ColHut
Know my way around

Post by ColHut »

Thankyou.

Found the changelog now it has updated. Would be noce to see the changes before you upgrade but at least I know where to look afterwards now.

Regards
Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

Unless you configured App Center to automatically update apps, you can see the changes before you manually upgrade by looking at the changelog. The link to the changelog is always available in the app details window (displayed by clicking on the app icon), before and after upgrades.

Return to “Users' Corner”