Greetings

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
clearscreen
New here

Greetings

Post by clearscreen »

Greetings,
i'm from France, doing computer engineering and information security.
I like to repair some old computer and some analog tape recorders for hobby (i'm also a physics engineer so i really like to dig into (old :-) hardware)
I'm Glad to be on this forum and hope to discuss with you about QNAP nas, learn and if i can try to help other people.

I've discovered QNAP as i was owner of a synology RS214.
The current QNAP device i own is a 431-XEU with 8GO.

It's a very nice machine (just the rack system is only with 1 screw per rail side instead of 2 for a better stability ; and i've found that the disk bezel is too near of the disk so i've added some little toroid rubber seal).

Anyway the system is very stable, the interface smooth, and i'm very fan on QNAP products.

Best regards.
Clearscreen.
OneCD
Guru

Re: Greetings

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: Greetings

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

good so you got your feet on both sides of the aisle. they can work well together, one backup to the other :}

welcome !
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin

Return to “Users' Corner”