Login Failed. There was no response from the server. QTS 5.0.0.1828

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
s_clarke
Starting out

Login Failed. There was no response from the server. QTS 5.0.0.1828

Post by s_clarke »

Hi All,

I've received my replacement TVSx72 after the previous failed, thanks to QNAP for their speed on that.

I've followed the process step by step - plugged the replacement unit in without any disks, booted it up, updated the firmware. Turned it off and put all my existing disks in (correct order, as i'd labelled them before hand). Everything initialised and all seemed good.

Apart from the fact that I cannot login with any password.

I've done a reset (3 second) so it resets it to the MAC address, it doesn't accept that either.

If I enter the 'wrong' password it tells me straight away and I get an SMTP email as I'd configured that previously, but if i put in the 'right' password it hangs, then still tells me is wrong on the web, but I get a 'Login Failed - no response'' via QFinder. I also don't get an SMTP alert to say it's the wrong password, which kind of confirms my suspicions that the OS has got it's self into a bit of a mess with the password here.

I've followed some other QNAP advise to boot with no disks, SSH on, don't initialise, add the disks in the right order and run the following commands:

storage_util --sys_startup
passwd xxx
reboot

That has the same result - I can change the password to something different here, reboot. If I then ty that 'different' password it hangs and gives me the same issues as above, but if I then try what was my right password before it tells me straight away login failed and I get the associated SMTP - so it must be changing it, just something isn't happening that should be to propagate it.. What can I do to get back in? I'm sure my data is there....i can get to some of the shares, but others are need a bit of help as I have to rejoin to my domain...but I can't do that without logging in. I'm a bit stumped, I don't know what's happened or what I can do. I can't login via SSH, Web, QTS finder....nothing.
s_clarke
Starting out

Re: Login Failed. There was no response from the server. QTS 5.0.0.1828

Post by s_clarke »

For anyone unsure for the future if they come across this, this is what I had to do -

Remove all disks. Boot back up, don't reinitialise and create a new username with admin privileges. Pop the HDD's back in and turn it back on, then you can login with that newly created admin.

To then fix the admin I then re-applied the firmware and ran a full scan on the storage group, that then sorted out the admin password and other apps like Docker etc which weren't working.

I'm not sure if this was just a hangover from the new 5.0 OS, but we got there in the end!
litn2017
First post

Re: Login Failed. There was no response from the server. QTS 5.0.0.1828

Post by litn2017 »

after update to qts5.0 on 451+, it has no response. even connecting through hdmi, it stuck at booting page.

how to create a new username after boot back without disk? the system stuck at missing disk?

Return to “Users' Corner”