Rolling back firmware?

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
krzysieq
Starting out

Re: Rolling back firmware?

Post by krzysieq »

Thanks for that. I did read the notes briefly, not expecting much fuss when upgrading from 4.2.3 up to 4.3.3, when all prior upgrades went in with 0 problems. It reported incompatibility for packages I don't really care too much about. I didn't do any of the other things You say, and I'm now thinking I probably should have. Think I know the answer to this one, but I'll ask anyways - the database content I had previously will probably not work after I install the package You posted, or will it? I'm not sure if for Postgres it's only the binaries which are different between 64 and 32 bit installations, or is it also the actual storage... Found the answer here https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions ... t-to-64bit

and btw - seriously, who does that? how can You change someone's system from 32 to 64 bits with a simple upgrade? what's next then - 4.5 will shift from linux to windows all of a sudden?
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

No problem.

Personally I think the change from x86 (32-bit) to x64 (64-bit) probably should have warranted going to v5.0 to indicate it was a "major" change. That being said, from a feature/functionality perspective overall it wasn't that revolutionary which may be why QNAP decided not to call it a 5.x release. It was mainly some code refactor as well as adding a better resource monitor, VPN client, etc. Nothing earth shattering.

I would make sure and install the new Malware Scanner tool as it helps keep some of the current botnets at bay.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
Anthonyvn
New here

Post by Anthonyvn »

TS-469L just "upgraded" to 4.3.3

Nothing works. It's a awful UI. Twonky was gone, media streaming would not install or the service wouldn't run. Downloads stopped.

My kids were stressing (both under 10) that they couldnt find familiar icons (Twonky) and browse their media via the smart tv or tablet.

I grabbed the firmware file and used qfinder to perform an upgrade by selecting the image file provided in the firmware zip.

Downgrade to 4.2.5 successful.

I don't think I will be clicking "Update Firmware" as casually as I used to. This is the first time qnap has royally screwed me over with updates.

Return to “Users' Corner”