QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual (Version 4.0) [ONLINE VERSION]

Welcome note and must-know for QNAP Forum members.
pwilson
Guru

QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual (Version 4.0) [ONLINE VERSION]

Post by pwilson »

QNAP has finally released the on-line version of QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual (Version 4.0).

Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone, having challenges locating things in the PDF version.

Community members experiencing issues with their NAS appliances are urged to please review article: When you're asking a question, please include the following prior to asking questions. Everyone is also urged to please use the Advanced search function of this Forum, as the answers to your questions might already be here if you actually search for them.

There are subtle differences between some QNAP models, so please review your Forum Profile, to ensure that it is reporting your correct NAS model. (QNAP recently added entries for the new TS-x20 / TS-x21 models). Please adjust it as necessary.

Those wanting to download PDF versions of the QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual (Version 4.0) can do so from the NAS User Manual section of the QNAP Website.

Thanks to QNAP for releasing it both in Online and PDF versions, and for continuing to provide the v3.8 versions for users of Legacy NAS models, and users not ready to upgrade yet. (Further thanks for leaving the documentation if PDF format, rather than ZIPing it). Much appreciated!

QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual (Version 4.0): View On-Line | Download PDF

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
schumaku
Guru

Re: QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual (Version 4.0) [ONLINE VERSIO

Post by schumaku »

Well, an index on http://docs.qnap.com/ (redirects to the v3.8 version) or http://docs.qnap.com/nas/ (403) where the user can choose NAS, NVR, ... resp. v3.8, QTS 4, ... is badly missing. If someone does not have the direct link to the QTS 4 documentation, he is almost lost, and can't locate it on the fly.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

xavierh wrote:I bet Doktor will find an issue with it
Yeah, my issue with it is that it is basically invisible, as Kurt rightly pointed out. Even the Online User Manual in QTSv4 GUI links to http://docs.qnap.com/ which redirects to the 3.8.x version. So yeah, there is a major issue with that in fact.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
QNAPJames
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJames »

Thanks guys, we have been working on a revision and the link (docs.qnap.com) should have been redirected to the right place.
NAS: QNAP TS-464T4 Special Edition + Seagate IronWolf 125 3.84TB SATA SSD * 4 (RAID5)
Backup: QNAP TR-002 + Seagate IronWolf 10TB SATA HDD *2 (RAID0)
Networking: QNAP QSW-1108-8T 2.5GbE Network Switch
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

QNAPJames wrote:Thanks guys, we have been working on a revision and the link (docs.qnap.com) should have been redirected to the right place.
This is the screenshot of http://docs.qnap.com - I'd rather not comment on this.

I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
KL643
Experience counts

Post by KL643 »

doktornotor wrote:
QNAPJames wrote:Thanks guys, we have been working on a revision and the link (docs.qnap.com) should have been redirected to the right place.
This is the screenshot of http://docs.qnap.com - I'd rather not comment on this.

Link is working here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

KL643 wrote:Link is working here.
Which link? The one I posted? We've been over this "oh the guys who manage our website cannot handle DNS" over and over again. Merely posting a screenshot of the site that resolves to 211.78.87.227 here.

Return to “Announcements”