File Station 5 - Permissions to add Sub-Folders

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
vgoerg
New here

File Station 5 - Permissions to add Sub-Folders

Post by vgoerg »

I've a problem with File Station 5. On the Screen the Icon "+" for adding a sub-folder disappears after about one second (same by upload-options) ... when the user logged in still have the permission to add a sub-folder on this actual folder (some folders in front of it he have no permission to add a sub-folder). When i'am quick enought, i can create a sub-folder ... I've not found a way to delete this folder later ... this action is not shown by right mouse-click.
Is it a bug? Is there any way to do it?
Don
Guru

Re: File Station 5 - Permissions to add Sub-Folders

Post by Don »

Works fine for me. What browser are you using? Try a different browser.

What version firmware?
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
vgoerg
New here

Post by vgoerg »

TS-231+ with Version 4.3.5.760 (2018-11-14)
Edge on Win10 64bit 1809
same on Firefox 63.0.3 (64-Bit)
On the highest Folder it works fine … but when there is a sub-folder without the rights to create files/sub-folders … and one level lower you are in a sub-folder, where you have this rights -> you can see the "+" for about one second … then you can't create folders/files in that sub-folder.
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

I suggest you open a ticket with QNAP and report back here with their response.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
vgoerg
New here

Post by vgoerg »

QNAP-Support reportet, that there is no way to do it (now). It's a limitation of FileStation5.
But there are some feature requests for something like this (with which priority???) - so i asked to open a new feature request for it.
We will see what happens ...

Return to “Miscellaneous”