TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
User avatar
dolbyman
Guru
Posts: 24009
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:11 am
Location: Vancouver BC , Canada

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by dolbyman » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:44 am

dan7383 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:17 am
So two people from spain who bought the same model of nas to the same seller, who had exactly the same problem and find this forum thread each on their own, who also speak or at least write in a pretty good English and keep asking and reading until they find that German answer from qnap... either this is a very common problem and they choose to deal with it silently an differently depending on each case, or imagine the odds of this happening.
Where are you going with this ? .. Conspiracy by whom ? .. Qnap? The same user posting twice? .. Crisis actors? ...Lizard people? :?

Troskito
Starting out
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:16 am

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by Troskito » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:53 am

Thank you for contacting QNAP technical support. I am going to request this change in the guarantee of this serial number and process the guarantee later, I do not think it will take that long but if you have not heard from me in a week, please reply in the ticket so that it does not self-close. All the best.

This is the answer to my ticket with Qnap support, let's see what do they say...

bokr71
Easy as a breeze
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by bokr71 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:52 am

What the heck is the difference between a 872X and a 872XT? The only thing I see in comparing the two is a lack of Audio Input and Output on the 872X, and even that is supposedly not available on 872XT units produced after 2021/1/1.
Apple: MP 3.3GHz 12c/160GB/2TB/Pro Vega II - nMP 3.5GHz 6C/64GB/1TB/D700 - 2 x ATD - Echo Express 1TB Accelsior/2x500GB Sonnet Tempo/Sonnet Solo10G PCIe - MBP 13" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MBA 13" 2c i7/8GB/250GB - MB 12" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MMI 6c i5/8GB/500GB - 2 x TC 3TB - iPhone Xs - iPad Mini - iPad Pro - iPad Air - 2 x HomePod - 42mm Apple Watch

Primary NAS: QNAP TVS-872XT 6x10TB + 2x512GB NVMe SSD. BackUp NAS: ReadyNAS Pioneer Pro 6x4TB

Network: 2 x HP2915 - LinkSys Velop AC6600

Troskito
Starting out
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:16 am

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by Troskito » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 am

bokr71 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:52 am
What the heck is the difference between a 872X and a 872XT? The only thing I see in comparing the two is a lack of Audio Input and Output on the 872X, and even that is supposedly not available on 872XT units produced after 2021/1/1.
Thunderbolt 3...

bokr71
Easy as a breeze
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by bokr71 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:48 am

Troskito wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 am
bokr71 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:52 am
What the heck is the difference between a 872X and a 872XT? The only thing I see in comparing the two is a lack of Audio Input and Output on the 872X, and even that is supposedly not available on 872XT units produced after 2021/1/1.
Thunderbolt 3...
Wrong - my TVS-872XT has a Thunderbolt 3 card in it.

Standard on my TVS-872XT:

2 x Thunderbolt™ 3 ports
1 x 10GBASE-T RJ45, supporting 10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M
16GB RAM

and...

1 x 3.5 mm dynamic microphone jack
1 x 3.5 mm line-out jack
1 x speaker
Apple: MP 3.3GHz 12c/160GB/2TB/Pro Vega II - nMP 3.5GHz 6C/64GB/1TB/D700 - 2 x ATD - Echo Express 1TB Accelsior/2x500GB Sonnet Tempo/Sonnet Solo10G PCIe - MBP 13" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MBA 13" 2c i7/8GB/250GB - MB 12" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MMI 6c i5/8GB/500GB - 2 x TC 3TB - iPhone Xs - iPad Mini - iPad Pro - iPad Air - 2 x HomePod - 42mm Apple Watch

Primary NAS: QNAP TVS-872XT 6x10TB + 2x512GB NVMe SSD. BackUp NAS: ReadyNAS Pioneer Pro 6x4TB

Network: 2 x HP2915 - LinkSys Velop AC6600

P3R
Guru
Posts: 12706
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:39 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden (UTC+01:00)

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by P3R » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:36 am

bokr71 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:48 am
Troskito wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 am
bokr71 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:52 am
What the heck is the difference between a 872X and a 872XT? The only thing I see in comparing the two is a lack of Audio Input and Output on the 872X, and even that is supposedly not available on 872XT units produced after 2021/1/1.
Thunderbolt 3...
Wrong - my TVS-872XT has a Thunderbolt 3 card in it.
No Troskito is correct.

The T that differs in the model name stand for Thunderbolt so your 872XT have Thunderbolt but a 872X doesn't. Also the TVS-872X only have 8 GB RAM and is available with a Core i3 CPU so the 872X is a less costly alternative than the one you have.

Check out the model comparison. Scroll down to the Connections section and see that TVS-872X lack Thunderbolt 3.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

bokr71
Easy as a breeze
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by bokr71 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:51 pm

Sorry - I thought you meant to say that the 872XT did not have Thunderbolt.. And yes, the 872XT came with 16GB of RAM.

What is this change to the Audio connections all about?
Apple: MP 3.3GHz 12c/160GB/2TB/Pro Vega II - nMP 3.5GHz 6C/64GB/1TB/D700 - 2 x ATD - Echo Express 1TB Accelsior/2x500GB Sonnet Tempo/Sonnet Solo10G PCIe - MBP 13" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MBA 13" 2c i7/8GB/250GB - MB 12" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MMI 6c i5/8GB/500GB - 2 x TC 3TB - iPhone Xs - iPad Mini - iPad Pro - iPad Air - 2 x HomePod - 42mm Apple Watch

Primary NAS: QNAP TVS-872XT 6x10TB + 2x512GB NVMe SSD. BackUp NAS: ReadyNAS Pioneer Pro 6x4TB

Network: 2 x HP2915 - LinkSys Velop AC6600

User avatar
dolbyman
Guru
Posts: 24009
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:11 am
Location: Vancouver BC , Canada

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by dolbyman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:12 am

I think it had those large MIC inputs a couple of years ago QNAP equipped all models with large 1/4 inch MIC connectors. When they supported karaoke station.

This is long over and karaoke station has been discontinued

P3R
Guru
Posts: 12706
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:39 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden (UTC+01:00)

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by P3R » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:51 am

bokr71 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:51 pm
What is this change to the Audio connections all about?
At one point Qnap pushed sound into many NAS models. I guess they then realized that very few customers actually used it so they could cut cost by removing it from TVS-872XT and use the same main board as in the TVS-872X.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Flotsch123
Know my way around
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by Flotsch123 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:15 pm

hi,
i got my replacement nas today. Qnap RMA gave me a TVS-872X for my defective TVS-872N. Whole RMA process took only 9 days from opening support ticket to get the replacement NAS. That is really quick and i appreciate this alot.

howlandben
New here
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by howlandben » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:02 pm

My faulty unit with a 1.3 motherboard was received by my retailer on July 19.

Today, September 15, I have finally received my replacement which has a 1.7 motherboard.

About to get it back up and running, but must say this has severely dented my faith in the unit and QNAP moving forward. I understand all technology can have problems. But 2 months, when it's just a replacement and not a repair? I would be better off with a DIY NAS, at least if a single component fails there I can replace it that day/week.

Wish me luck 😂

dan7383
New here
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:13 pm

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by dan7383 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:17 pm

Troskito wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:53 am
Thank you for contacting QNAP technical support. I am going to request this change in the guarantee of this serial number and process the guarantee later, I do not think it will take that long but if you have not heard from me in a week, please reply in the ticket so that it does not self-close. All the best.

This is the answer to my ticket with Qnap support, let's see what do they say...
Still waiting here. I asked them how is the process going and said they have not changed the guarantee yet and asked for my invoice of when I bought it. I also asked how long does it take to repair to or exchange it. They say at least two weeks on going to Holland and back, and then it depends on how busy they are... It seems like it is going to be a long time for the whole process.

auger
First post
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:12 am

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by auger » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:03 pm

Flotsch123 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:15 pm
hi,
i got my replacement nas today. Qnap RMA gave me a TVS-872X for my defective TVS-872N. Whole RMA process took only 9 days from opening support ticket to get the replacement NAS. That is really quick and i appreciate this alot.
Still waiting for mine. QNAP (Pomona) received my TVS-672N almost two weeks ago. Overnighted it to them. They don't know when I'll get a replacement. Another week or two, maybe longer. Shipping will probably be another week. It took two days for them to acknowledge the problem, and only once I pressed the issue after a quick search revealed the widespread mb problem. Not happy.

cayou2000
New here
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by cayou2000 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:11 pm

So I guess I have to consider myself lucky that I had two replacements in less than a month...
A weekly restart will be schedule to the end of the warranty period to be sure the problem does not occur again...

Flotsch123
Know my way around
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: TVS-872XT dead after normal shutdown...

Post by Flotsch123 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:56 pm

cayou2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:11 pm
So I guess I have to consider myself lucky that I had two replacements in less than a month...
A weekly restart will be schedule to the end of the warranty period to be sure the problem does not occur again...
Good idea. I will do the same. I have warranty until end of december this year (not very long). I looked after the extended warranty but it would cost 4oo bugs. That is too much for me and i rather buy a new NAS. A friend of mine working as a IT professional has Qnaps at minimum 20 Customers of him and never had a hardware issue, never. There are Qnaps doing their job for almost 10 years without any problem. I have no idea why my Qnaps tend to have hardware issues all the time, i maybe have just bad luck with picking the wrong models.

Post Reply

Return to “Miscellaneous”