How to delete all files inside a folder with QTS/FileStation 5

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
muntos
Know my way around

How to delete all files inside a folder with QTS/FileStation 5

Post by muntos »

Guys, I am blind / stupid and don't see any option to delete all files inside a 5000+ files folder using only QTS/FileStation 5 Web interface in a single operation :shock: :shock: ? I mean what I can do now is only to select all files from the page (max 250 files) wait (unacceptable long also) and then do the same thing for the rest of files ? What the heck ? No other options ?
I know I can use a file manager on Windows/Linux to access the share (if you are on the same local network) and see all the files in one place and delete them, but how can I do only with QTS ? Don't tell me to delete the Shared Folder and recreate it then :twisted:
Screenshot from 2021-10-19 17-53-11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: How to delete all files inside a folder with QTS/FileStation 5

Post by dolbyman »

Well .. file station is only a quick and dirty web gui thing .. so doing whatever you want to do via the actual network share is the way to do it.

Also only ever access the NAS from the same network .. NEVER expose it to WAN (plenty of devastating malware attacks in the past) ... if you need to access the NAS from WAN .. use a VPN (does not cost a thing..server runs in your own premises)

Return to “Miscellaneous”