Cannot connect to QNAP NAS [SOLVED]

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
JackWhelpton
New here

Cannot connect to QNAP NAS [SOLVED]

Post by JackWhelpton »

Hi all,

This morning I find myself unable to connect to my QNAP TVS-672N... everything was working fine last night, and nothing has changed configuration-wise.

I've had this happen before, and typically I can use a direct connection to re-enter my WiFi connection details. This morning's situation seems worse, though... the NAS shows in QFinder Pro, but attempting to connect from there yields the dreaded "Cannot connect to device" error. I've manually configured my IP settings as detailed by https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/knowledg ... ction-test, but that hasn't helped.

I'm also unable to ping the IP that QFinder Pro displays, getting "General failure."

If somebody could suggest a way out of this I'd be immensely grateful! Let me know if you need any more details.

Update: You could have predicted I'd find the issue as soon as I posted this: it helps to disconnect from the VPN I use before attempting the direct connection. I'm now able to log in to the NAS, and re-entering my WiFi connection details resolved the problem. Sorry to waste your time, hopefully this is useful to somebody else.

Cheers,

Jack.

Return to “Miscellaneous”