TR-004 "No devices found" by ERM

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Carrionette
First post

TR-004 "No devices found" by ERM

Post by Carrionette »

Just received my TR-004 and thought I would check the firmware version (and update, if needed) before I install drives. However, when I connected it to my Windows 10 computer via USB to any USB port (directly on the motherboard or the front case USB ports, ERM says "No Devices Found"... Does the TR-004 not show up if no drives are installed or is there a problem with the unit itself?
Thanks,
Mike
dosborne
Experience counts

Re: TR-004 "No devices found" by ERM

Post by dosborne »

I don't have one myself, but as this is a NAS addon device I would assume that it must be connected to your NAS to be operational / accessible. The USB ports are typically used to connect devices (external drives, USB sticks, etc) not for connecting to PCs as far as I am aware.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
bilbo909
First post

Re: TR-004 "No devices found" by ERM

Post by bilbo909 »

I had this same issue recently. I have been using my TR-004 as a DAS for the past year but recently the ERM would no longer find the TR-004. I had recently installed DriveDX to view more detailed SMART information on my drives but it turns out their extensions were blocking QNAP's ERM software from reading SMART Data so the ERM was no longer seeing the device. Uninstalling the DriveDX extensions seems to allow ERM to see the device again. It works fine once again connected directly to my Mac.

Return to “Miscellaneous”