qBitTorrent Network Issue

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
strike325
New here

qBitTorrent Network Issue

Post by strike325 »

Hello,

Hardware:

Qnap TVS-x72x

Software:

qBitorrent v4.3.8

Diagram:

Short Overview:

I have two qBitTorrent applications installed, one on my QNAP Nas and another on my Windows 10 Laptop (check diagram above).

My QNAP routes most of my traffic from trackers correctly, but there are a few trackers that it refuses to communicate with meaning I get a "skipping tracker announce (unreachable)".

My Windows 10 laptop however is able to work with these trackers without any issue.

Problem:

My ports are properly opening and this statement is verified by ismyportopenDOTcom, but I am still unable to get traffic through my QNAP for certain trackers. Any help is appreciated and I know its probably a simple solution. If I find the solution before anyone responses, I will follow up with my own post with a brief write up.
cubicgarden
New here

Re: qBitTorrent Network Issue

Post by cubicgarden »

I am having the same problem.

The only way I have gotten it to work is, I now have QBittorrent installed on one port (say 6001) and Transmission installed on another port (say 6002).
I enabled both ports on the router (I turn off Upnp for security)
Its a pain but I do save the files to the place on the QNAP NAS.

Its really not a good solution but luckily most things work with QBittorrent just one private tracker.
I did read there might be a problem with the LetsEncrypt certs in QBittorrent but I have the latest version, although its strange Transmission works
strike325
New here

Re: qBitTorrent Network Issue

Post by strike325 »

cubicgarden wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:29 am I am having the same problem.

The only way I have gotten it to work is, I now have QBittorrent installed on one port (say 6001) and Transmission installed on another port (say 6002).
I enabled both ports on the router (I turn off Upnp for security)
Its a pain but I do save the files to the place on the QNAP NAS.

Its really not a good solution but luckily most things work with QBittorrent just one private tracker.
I did read there might be a problem with the LetsEncrypt certs in QBittorrent but I have the latest version, although its strange Transmission works
Hey, thanks for responding to my post its appreciated. I was able to resolve this issue by purchasing an Apache and PHP package from the third party app store. It would appear it may have updated, as you mentioned, what ever certificates may have been required. I'm a little annoyed, but I haven't changed anything else and that resolved my issue. So for now, I wanted to drop that here for whomever may need it in the future.

Return to “Miscellaneous”