Cannot map QNAP TS-413K as a Drive via file Explorer

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
patsing
New here

Cannot map QNAP TS-413K as a Drive via file Explorer

Post by patsing »

I was using an older version of QNAP, now upgraded to TS-413K, I plugged in all the HD and works fine except drive mapping。

I used to manage to map it as a drive through file explorer, now I could see the name of the NAS under "Network" but I just cannot map it. Could any experts here help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Cannot map QNAP TS-413K as a Drive via file Explorer

Post by dolbyman »

you migrated from an older (unknown) qnap to this model?

was the migration successful? .. more info please
patsing
New here

Post by patsing »

dolbyman wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:22 pm you migrated from an older (unknown) qnap to this model?

Yes, the migration is successful, all HD works and I could use download station to download and file station to manage file, I asked around for help and someone said, may be some setting in the NAS is not correct. Spent days and days trying to different config and trial by errors. Am hopeless and confused now。
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

did you try \\NASIP instead?
brucemalti
New here

Post by brucemalti »

patsing wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:45 pm
dolbyman wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:22 pm you migrated from an older (unknown) qnap to this model?

Yes, the migration is successful, all HD works and I could use download station to download and file station to manage file, I asked around for help and someone said, may be some setting in the NAS is not correct. Spent days and days trying to different config and trial by errors. Am hopeless and confused now。
Can you tell us the process you did?
Did you upgrade the firmware of the new NAS before inserting your old Hard drives?

Return to “Miscellaneous”