QNAP TS-653B and QXG-2G2T-I225

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
njf1525
Starting out

QNAP TS-653B and QXG-2G2T-I225

Post by njf1525 »

Had my NAS for a few years. It is now on 5.0.0.1891 firmware, the latest available. Just bought a QNAP QXG-2G2T-I225 Dual Port 2.5GbE 4-Speed Network Card and installed it. The Card does not show up at all in Network & Virtual Switch and I cannot see the NAS in my computer if I connect the cable to the new card, instead of one of the original ports.

I have tried searching but the answers I have found all relate to compatibility or firmware updating. I have checked and this card is definitely shown as compatible with my NAS.

Is there anything else I should have done in addition to just plugging the card into the PCIe slot in the NAS?

Am I missing something?

EDIT: By the way, when a cable is plugged into the card, the left green light flashes and the right light is permanently orange. I am not a techie and do not know what that means.
Last edited by njf1525 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP TS-653B and QXG-2G2T-I225

Post by dolbyman »

If it shows up as compatible, contact QNAP for assistance, it's either a defective card or a bug.
dr_jon
Easy as a breeze

Re: QNAP TS-653B and QXG-2G2T-I225

Post by dr_jon »

The LEDs in the Ethernet connector's behaviour is programmable in the device's configuration, so manufacturer specific. From what you say one is likely indicating that you have a link to the network and the other one network activity. Possibly the solid LED will change colour with link speed.
TS-453A, TS-253A, TS-431P3, TS-419P+, hopefully that's it for a while...

Return to “Miscellaneous”